PDA

View Full Version : 18T Turbo

cameron
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 00:15
Would an 18T Turbo bolt directly onto my 855 T5 ?

What would the benefits be if any ?

And also would it run ok with the HLM 304 ?

Cheers

Lee

Rob S
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 00:25
I am still learning with these things, but I'd guess the map would be out....surely you don't need more welly !!

cameron
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 00:30
The more the better Rob :D

Chad
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 09:13
the 18t will bolt straight on, im sure you have the 15g with a straight flange. so you would need a 18t with straight flange.

you might be ok with the map you have.....double check with hamish

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 13:02
Without the proper map to match the hardware - the extra yield will be minimal.

cameron
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 19:11
Would the injectors ( green ones ) off an S60 or S80 2.4i on a 2001 reg be any good ?

t5 pete
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 20:03
I would have thought as soon as you change the injector fueling would be a problem the best bet if your wanting the 18t would be to change the injectors white or blue and get a remap but depending on what condition your auto box is in would determin how long it would last

Alan M
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 20:03
If you fit the green injectors with a map not set up to run them you will get a fault code come up in the ECU/light on the dash as your car wont be fueling properly. Fuel trim codes will come up.

woz
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:58
If you fit the green injectors with a map not set up to run them you will get a fault code come up in the ECU/light on the dash as your car wont be fueling properly. Fuel trim codes will come up.

Alan - I think I just found this out the hard way ;>). Fitted new injectors which were blue not orange as per original. did not realise it woudl make a difference but car would not do anything other than idle roughly. Put old ones back in - perfect!

Question is should I just get my orange ones sorted or can I re-trim it to run with the blues. Its clearly more than just their maximum flow capacity that is different.

Cheers

Warwick

Alan M
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 07:55
Alan - I think I just found this out the hard way ;>). Fitted new injectors which were blue not orange as per original. did not realise it woudl make a difference but car would not do anything other than idle roughly. Put old ones back in - perfect!

Question is should I just get my orange ones sorted or can I re-trim it to run with the blues. Its clearly more than just their maximum flow capacity that is different.

Cheers

Warwick

I run white injectors on a standard tune for over a year with no problems but was using a boost controller to manually increase pressure. I tried the blues for a couple of months too with no ill effect. What number blues do you have that were put into your car? Maybe they are the wrong items or they have been fouled and are not working correctly.