PDA

View Full Version : @@@ powerflow s/s exhausts @@@

Johnny5
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 21:24
Ladies and Gents............

I may have struck a deal / discount with my local POWERFLOW exhaust dealer here in Brighton!
I am having an exhaust custom made and fitted on monday next week after visiting the dealer today, they are charging me £350 cash all in, for a 3inch s/s bore system from the cat back, including design and fitting, they have LOADS of choice on pipework, silencer types and tailpipes!
In talking about the system i wanted i mentioned VPCUK.ORG and the sticker in my back window! They maybe prepared to offer a discount on thier exhausts for VPCUK members, if I managed to put some work thier way as it were!
So if you are interested please PM me and I will give you more details.

Im not going to post the details here untill I have guaged interest!

Pic's of my new system to follow after its fitted on Monday!

Regards to all

John

Alan M
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 21:40
Do you have a 3 inch downpipe fitted already as it may be worth just going for a 2.5 inch system and saving some money unless you plan a lot of future performance mods to fully utilise the 3 inch system. Good luck with the work and I look forward to seeing the finished article.

Johnny5
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 21:44
Alan, its got the standard downpipe and cat, was thinking of a replacement high flow cat and larger downpipe at some point, but the good lady bank manager has only allowed me 350 at the moment! lol ;)

Johnny5
Sunday 26th April 2009, 20:18
YAY! Tomorrow is the day! hehehe 8.30am here we come!

T5arrrgghh
Sunday 26th April 2009, 23:49
have fun i had one put on my evo and it was mental. it will get louder than when you firsst leave!! be aware. be sure to put up some pics!!

Volvostorm
Monday 27th April 2009, 09:05
have fun i had one put on my evo and it was mental. it will get louder than when you firsst leave!! be aware. be sure to put up some pics!!

I must have a rare powerflow exhaust then! Its quieter than the stock one :parhmph:

Only good thing, the car is more willing to rev, and the turbo spools in quicker.

Alan M
Monday 27th April 2009, 10:23
I must have a rare powerflow exhaust then! Its quieter than the stock one :parhmph:

Only good thing, the car is more willing to rev, and the turbo spools in quicker.

Is it all on now Paul?

Volvostorm
Monday 27th April 2009, 10:27
Is it all on now Paul?

Yes mate, and its really really quiet

Dan850T5
Monday 27th April 2009, 10:38
see powerflow quoted me 350 and then told me it would be quiet for a straight through centre and back box, cat back and i couldnt understand how, so i went to a local custom place, same thing i got for 180, s/s too. Beautiful sound, not too loud. Powerflow = rip off

p fandango
Monday 27th April 2009, 15:40
see powerflow quoted me 350 and then told me it would be quiet for a straight through centre and back box, cat back and i couldnt understand how, so i went to a local custom place, same thing i got for 180, s/s too. Beautiful sound, not too loud. Powerflow = rip off
i've always been happy with Powerflow, always give me a reasonable price & prepared to try anything. I'll be the first to admit there welding certainly isn't pretty but i've never had any fail on me. They charged me £230 for one-off twin exit with decat which i certainly didn't moan at, i do think i'm going to have to quieten the car down tho before it comes back on the road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43FRS162gNM&feature=channel_page

Big Pete
Monday 27th April 2009, 16:19
£350 seems expensive! No credit crunch pricing for them then.

Longlife Exhausts all the way if you want custom in my eyes. Had 3 cars in all over the years, 1 with a powerflow and 2 with Longlife after a friend really recommended the dealer in Cardiff, and I would not go back to another custom brand.

Longlife custom job or Ferrita are the only way forward for me.

T5arrrgghh
Monday 27th April 2009, 20:32
glad it went well! give it a couple of days maybe a week see her find her voice!

Johnny5
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 20:10
Longlife quoted me £699 for a cat back system! Will put up a vid of mine shortly ;)

Johnny5
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 20:14
Ok guys n gals..... atlast here it is! My powerflow s/s exhaust!
Love the note at 2000rpm!
;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoX9yaPD9Pg

Johnny5
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 20:58
Here it is!

;)

Scootch
Thursday 30th April 2009, 08:08
nice sound, nowt worse than having an exhaust that too loud

fireclown
Thursday 30th April 2009, 14:38
we have a power flow center not to far away. i went in and the place was a mess. the oldest person there must of been all off 18. my friend had a system made for a mr2. i waited. i am pleased i did. it was crap. he ended up taking it back to then on numerous times. only to be fobbed off. not for me i'm afraid.

Johnny5
Thursday 30th April 2009, 19:44
Well, as each centre is run as a franchise theres going to be differences. I am more than pleased with the service i received from the Brighton centre, Luke and Lee were very helpfull and more than happy to take time to discuss my requirements before I agreed to any work.
And as you can see the final product i had made is excellent quality and superbly fitted, so no probs this end! I would recommend them to anyone, like i have to the members of the forum!
John