PDA

View Full Version : beware of this 850r!!!!!

bonelorry
Monday 20th April 2009, 18:38
have a look at this........

http://pistonheads.com/sales/954654.htm

and now this......

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1000390.htm

its the same car, i was half interested in the car and just spoke with the previous owner who sold it a few weeks ago and said it went upto cumbria.

i hope he doesnt sell it as he is just been greedy and is clearly just out to try and make a profit!

just thought id inform anyone on here that thought about buying the car

cherry1809
Monday 20th April 2009, 19:06
Give him a break, he has polished it....might have taken him 2 weeks to do it and the extra money is labour costs :pants:

bonelorry
Monday 20th April 2009, 19:09
Give him a break, he has polished it....might have taken him 2 weeks to do it and the extra money is labour costs :pants:

i suppose somthings gotta pay for his meguires cleaning stuff :slap:

Tomcat
Monday 20th April 2009, 19:17
How do you polish out peeling laquer though??.

t5lover
Monday 20th April 2009, 19:51
How do you polish out peeling laquer though??.

i dont know but i would love to know as mine is peeling of the top edge of the front wing,,

walter leever
Monday 20th April 2009, 19:57
Maybe if you polish long enough(no more colour,just bare metal):pirate:

t5lover
Monday 20th April 2009, 20:37
Maybe if you polish long enough(no more colour,just bare metal):pirate:

lol i polish it every weekend keeps it looking lovely apart from the wing that is,,

Saaamon
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 00:32
He wont get near that price for a saloon.

volvokid
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 13:13
lol i polish it every weekend keeps it looking lovely apart from the wing that is,,

Your doing more damage than good by doing that.

vincent32
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 13:24
that is 1 mighty big profit car looks sweet but no way is that worth that money i seen a lot better on here & on internet .
ill think ill avoid this 1 shame i need a new car maybe look 4 a v70 r estate

vincent32
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 13:27
i think in sweeden the paint is pretty thick so no need to worry about polishing paint away
volvo paint last years lol

vincent32
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 13:28
i would much rather a v70 r estate for that money in mint condition

vincent32
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 13:30
sorry to hear m8 but you cant polish out peeling laquer you need to have the wing re laquerd or changed with 1 the same colour

t5lover
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 14:31
Your doing more damage than good by doing that.
i meant to say is every other weekend i do it sorry,, i just like to keep it clean thats all l0l

sorry to hear m8 but you cant polish out peeling laquer you need to have the wing re laquerd or changed with 1 the same colour
i have been looking for a replacement but i might have it sprayed so it nearly matches,,

My T5
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 20:58
This sort of person makes nice cars unaffordable to those who appriciate them.T**t!
Greedy t**t actually!

Jimmie
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 21:39
Are you guys jealous that the guy is trying to make a profit?.

Tomcat
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 21:45

Noooo!!....REALLY?????....Lol.

BigV
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 08:51
I have seen nicer cars (T5-R's in estate form) go for less money 12 to 18 months ago........ I would be very surprised if anyone is going to pay the best part of 4k for a saloon with the market in its current state.

I mean I bought my C70 T5 (I know different model, but still) for £1700 last year and I turned down a gold coloured S70 T5r for 1k because it needed a turbo, brake disc/pads and ABS unit. (I wish I had bought that now, but I didn't have the cash to repair it at the time)

The original owner selling for 2.5k was nearer the mark (but still overpriced IMO) I hope the greedy bast*rd who has marked it up to 3.6k doesn't make a penny more than he paid for it.

Chad
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 09:08
i think the car is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay................

at the end of the day....if someone is looking for a red, saloon, manual, 850R with less than 100k on the clock, im sure this will interest them.

so the guy is making a profit............maybe he's car dealer or whatever...shouldnt really put people off buying..

fair enough if there was something dodgy or he was hiding something then yes, i agree, beware..... but surely not just because he bought it, sorted out the niggly bits and wants to sell it for bit more.

just my opinion really.....

chad