PDA

View Full Version : Cant get in the car !!

Max Headroom
Saturday 18th April 2009, 22:57
Went to get in the car and nothing happened except flashers flashed, got out the car and locked it and flashers went off. Couldnt do anything as it was 0630 and I went to work in my other car.

Tried to get in the car today, nothing, no lights or anything?

Tomcat
Saturday 18th April 2009, 22:59
Just unlock the car manualy with the key, open the bonnet and pull the lead off the alarm siren. Sounds like you have a fault with either your central locking or your alarm.

Max Headroom
Saturday 18th April 2009, 23:03
Thanks for the quick reply. Just a bit worried as there was nothing, no dash lights, no glimmer of life. Hacked off a bit

cameron
Saturday 18th April 2009, 23:07
Sounds like somethings draining the battery.

Mine done the same the indicators flashed but there wasnt enough power to operate the c/l :(

Have a right good check that theres no lights or anything still on, thats when you get it going again ;)

If its an estate the boot light is always an easy one to miss, the solenoid in the boot can be dodgy causing the light to stay on, mine does it, ive just set it not to come on at all.

Tomcat
Saturday 18th April 2009, 23:07
If you've got no dash lights etc, then it's probably just a flat battery. Once you get in the car you should be able to jump start it and all will be well again.

My T5
Saturday 18th April 2009, 23:11
The boot light is a good place to start.I clipped mine with something whilst in the boot,switched the boot light on and 3 days later nothing!