PDA

View Full Version : T5 Drop Links

dj.mobile
Saturday 18th April 2009, 15:20
After spending 2 weeks trying to find the very annoying knock from the front of the car i have managed to find it when rocking the car from side to side. It appears to be coming from both front drop links. Is there any difference between the drop links on a 1995 T5 to a normal 850 estate?

Al115
Saturday 18th April 2009, 16:04
I think they are the same on all 850s. The anti-roll bars might be thicker on some versions but the drop links are the same.

Rufe
Sunday 19th April 2009, 00:03
yes links are the same, and also the same on the p1 v70 and s70, they changed for the P2 model though

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 19th April 2009, 00:32
I've just fitted new drop links to mine, and the other day the suspension developed a knock. A quick test revealed the bottom nut on one of the drop links has worn loose (I did tighten it up properly, I think it has just worn loose). The hole on the arb is just slightly bigger the the pin on the drop link thus causing a knock whenever the car is uneven.

I've had it happen before as well on the old ones (when I undid them for some reason), they just need to be nipped up and all will be fine.