PDA

View Full Version : Low on boost

BruceT
Friday 17th April 2009, 21:07
I didnt really want to post this as its pretty common but after checking most of the normal things I thought its worth a shot.

Today I put my foot down in 3rd gear an saw...4psi of boost from 3500-5000rpm...

I thought thats weird as its normally high 7 to 8 psi.

I tried again in 2nd & 4th... 4 psi on my boost gauge, the volvo gauge moves to say 1pm posistion into the white.

I have checked the rubber boost hoses, I have replaced the 3 vac lines (Actuator, Compressor and re-circ valve recently) but alas I checked them - All OKAY.

Checked the little fellow (elbow) under the intake manifold near the PAS...its attached and all fine - Also the fuel pressire hose as well, thats ok

The vacuum tree boost gauge line is ok with the rubber join across the stock cold air ducting ive replaced, thats ok.

Under the dash boost line is good also.

There is a deffinate kick of boost, but just only boosts to 4psi, but under no boost conditions it is driving the same and no hesistation under boost

Ive checked the codes and its stored no codes.

Ive taken off the heatshield and checked the actuator/wastegate is attached and not slipped off of wastegate. tightness is good and is not stuck shut or open and moves freely.

Any idea's?

Alan M
Friday 17th April 2009, 21:10
Your BCS may be the culprit Bruce.