PDA

View Full Version : change the head unit

ikp_77
Friday 17th April 2009, 18:13
am wanting to change my head unit in a s70 r i got the iso concetion it kights up and works but i got no sound i was woundering wot is the next step to get the sound on chears out there

Wombatbomb
Friday 17th April 2009, 18:24
Was the headunit you removed an SC901 (the one with 3 disc cartridge)? If so, then you need another cable, to connect the headunit to the cars amp as you are currently not connected to the speakers at all.

Torch S70R
Friday 17th April 2009, 18:55
if you reach down the back you'll find the amp loom plugs into the head unit loom on mine i just unplugged the amp loom and plugged the iso loom in its place and voila straight through to the speakers :)
no sure how far down but you'll know it when you see it

might be able to take some pics for you

ikp_77
Friday 17th April 2009, 20:35
nice 1 mate got sound now mate next is put new amp and sub in

Torch S70R
Friday 17th April 2009, 22:33
show us some pics when you get that done as i was planning something along those lines but still wanted to retain some boot space (my last install took up the entire boot LOL)

ikp_77
Saturday 18th April 2009, 00:36
yep will do mate its a 12"sub and a amp seprate should be ok ithink as i got the head unit amp and sub for 40 pounds

Torch S70R
Saturday 18th April 2009, 17:02
cool, im in the market for a new head unit myself having punched and cracked the touch screen on my elcrapo ebay head unit
warning avoid all no name makes at all costs LOL
thinking of fitting the Kenwood DPX503U as its got the usb on it so i can play mp3s from my key :) which is a must