PDA

View Full Version : weeoo spat her dummy out again is it new turbo time

lance
Thursday 16th April 2009, 15:00
Was driving along my private runway can remember exactly how fast 70 80 ish in 4th accelarating and woosh pop/bang, no turbo, no fault codes. Pulled over at my destination. Checked her vital stastics such as oil and water all ok, no turbo woosh and doesnt want to hold revs sounds like a normally aspirated, engine light and im not looking forward to using her later as she cut out twice, booked in at DPAs tomorow just hoping its nothing terminal, if it is the turbo Im not messing with 16t Im going bigger!

Tomcat
Thursday 16th April 2009, 15:19
Sounds like you've just split a hose, mine did it a while back, the one that comes off the throttle body and has a smaller hose coming off it had split at the join.

wegal
Thursday 16th April 2009, 15:30
Check the Intercooler pipes at the bit where they join the turbo and the intercooler.. its the big one that runs across the top of the engine. Mine blows it off for fun, if you can hear the turbo ie it sounds like a hairdryer then its on the turbo side, if you cant and it keeps cutting out its probably the intercooler side. Turbo side will throw a fault code and put the car in limp mode intercooler side causes the engine to cut out but no fault code or limp mode.

The pipe normally just pops off and if its on the intercooler side you will still have the jubiliee clips, if it the turbo side it will be on the road somewhere.

thebadger
Thursday 16th April 2009, 23:44
^
Agreed, to a piont, the jubilee on my intercooler pipe was very frail from rust and the pipe had cracked! (guessing someone once shut the bonnet with something on it!)

The best advice is check all the main in & out pipes to your new hairdrier! Something will have come loose or split/cracked, but never fear the worse till it pisses oil!

Oh, btw the jubilee was the same one that Volvo left loose on the car prior to giving it back after a ETM clean out. It went whiiiizzz... Pop bang splutter.... dead! So you may not have got anywhere from that issue, I'll guess an output hose off the turbo is to blame.

PaulZX
Friday 17th April 2009, 02:08
sod it, it's an excuse to fit a 19T... just blag it...

Wobbly Dave
Friday 17th April 2009, 09:33
:stupid: - Blag it!!

lance
Friday 17th April 2009, 11:30
MMM would like to but funds are a bit short, Ie all my spare money seems to be going to bleedin Mr Brown at the moment!
I had to get a recovery truck to pick her up last night as she only drove 1/2 mile and then just kept cutting out, I had to start about 5 times to move 10 metres, she is now at DPA hopefully to be looked at and sorted this afternoon.

cornclose
Friday 17th April 2009, 13:30
How come you get your car in at DPA next day ??!! I have to wait a few weeks to get mine booked in !! What's the secret ?

lance
Friday 17th April 2009, 14:12
Im booked in for next friday for other less urgent work that was booked 10 days in advance, however this was much more urgent work as the car wont drive I need to be able to drive to run my business, also Ive know Dave and Vanessa for a long time now and between me my Mrs we have speant thousands with them plus I would recomend them all day long like your good self, however there is no gaurantee he will get to look at it untill late afternoon, so the likely hood of me getting back today is somewhat slim but its useless to me at the moment and better off with them.

cornclose
Friday 17th April 2009, 14:20
Favouritism then....:shhh::wavey:

thebadger
Monday 20th April 2009, 02:46
Well? What was it? I'm sure they could at least have had a diagnosis by now!

I'll guess they kept it over the weekend! (greif!)

cornclose
Monday 20th April 2009, 09:00
I don't know, I'm sure Lance will pop his head up when he's around. All I know is that Dave made that "sucking sound" when I spoke to him on Friday...:P

Dangerous Dave
Monday 20th April 2009, 09:31
You mean the 'teeth drying' sound?

cornclose
Monday 20th April 2009, 09:54
Yep, that's the one...:shhh:

Dangerous Dave
Monday 20th April 2009, 10:10
LOL, or something like..... "Hmmmmmm <teeth drying sound> sounds like your big end's gone..."

lance
Monday 20th April 2009, 10:51
Unfortunatly Dave didnt get chance to look on Friday so fingers crossed its going to be something cheap and easy to fix.

cornclose
Monday 20th April 2009, 11:13
Lets hope so Lance! Did you flog that Merc or are you using it again now ?

lance
Monday 20th April 2009, 11:26
No sods law, I sold the Merc for Full asking price last monday, Im using the Mrs 854 T5 today but she is at work tomorow so fingers crossed she will be ready for me by then.

lance
Monday 20th April 2009, 12:37
Yip Yip, it was just the air intake pipe had blown off causing the ME7 to go nuts, Im annoyed at my self I couldnt see it but atleast im back on the road this afternoon . Big up to DPA!!x

cornclose
Monday 20th April 2009, 12:37
Great News!

Dangerous Dave
Monday 20th April 2009, 18:05
Nice one mate, at least it didn't cost you the earth.