PDA

View Full Version : New 850 broken into last night :(

Hallsy
Thursday 16th April 2009, 09:05
Can't believe it, I've had it just a week and some little ****er broke into it last night.

There was nothing in the car apart from some loose change in the coin tray, and that's what they took, breaking the pass front window in the process.

I'm so ****ed off. I know you shouldn't leave valuables on show, but a few quid in your car, parked outside your house - that's a ****ing joke.

Trouble is, insurers say I'll have to pay £250 excess so it's not worth letting them repair. I'll ahve to get some quotes from galss companies/breakers, etc. Was all original glass as well.

So annoying.

5seaterT5x2
Thursday 16th April 2009, 09:17
sorry to hear that mate, think you will find the alarm horn is different to the car horn when you press the button on steering wheel at least it is on both of mine ;-/

Al115
Thursday 16th April 2009, 10:13
Battery's probably dead in the alarm horn...

Sorry to hear the news.

dant5
Thursday 16th April 2009, 10:52
Thats well out of order!!! they need their hands cut of at the neck! :grumpy:

Babybadger
Thursday 16th April 2009, 10:58
Just get a spare window and a high power hoover for the glass, little b'stards eh? Should have a gas released when they break in that makes them sh*t themselves within 5 minutes of running away, easy and embarrasing for the police to catch them.......

cherry1809
Thursday 16th April 2009, 11:06
Aah, this sort of crap just pi**es me right off. :wallbash:
For a few quid they've inconvenienced you and caused a mess.

Isn't the alarm horn at the back of the engine bay?

Hallsy
Thursday 16th April 2009, 11:53
Thanks guys, it is indeed very low, but from now on I won't be leaving anything in any of my cars at all.

Going to move it somewhere secure until repaired (my garage has my S13 in it), feel a little vulnerable with it left on my driveway.

I've found some cheap glass anyway, just need to double check that it's the part number/tint.

Niles
Thursday 16th April 2009, 16:28
Ive got a spare tinted front door glass if you need it matey.

Rob S
Thursday 16th April 2009, 18:18
Gutted for you Andy, these mindless turds are a pain in the @rse.

My T5
Thursday 16th April 2009, 19:07
Bring back public hanging! That'll make them think twice before nicking a few quid and ruining some ones day!

Hallsy
Thursday 16th April 2009, 20:36
Thanks for the offer Niles, but I actually bought one from ebay earlier.

It's my fault for being careless with some loose change I guess, but it is so low. The stupid little ****s don't think about the hassles they cause.

cameron
Thursday 16th April 2009, 22:31
Feeling sorry for you dude :doh:

Seems it rife at the minute, theres been a few done near me, but instead of breaking the glass they just bend the door top back :mad111:

Id love to catch the little *****rs that nicked my truck :(

Johnny5
Thursday 16th April 2009, 22:33
People like that need thier B****CKS placing in the jaws of a vice, and slowly tightened!
Gutted m8y

james
Friday 17th April 2009, 10:03
hello my fellow volvo friend i sympathise with you, i live near a small town centre thats full of idiots and theres three schools near aswel and our house is next to the schools.

Hopefully one day these idiots will get the same done to them and will now exacly how we feel but we will never know will we !

Its a horrible feeling when your pride and joy is vandalised,all my cars have had various horrible things done to it = keyed body/paint,windows smashed which ruined leather seats,petrol tank drilled and pipes cut,wing mirrors smashed off........

Its horrible i'm allways looking out of my window and can't sleep sometimes, if i do ever catch anyone in the act i'm gonna be in serious trouble.

Ive tried informing the police before but thats no help it just bumps up the insurance statistics in our postcode area and the receptionist even suggested that i might have fallen out with sumone and this was payback!!!! ????

I believe these people want their hands crushing in a vice so they cant use them properly again.

speak soon my friend,james

Hallsy
Friday 17th April 2009, 11:18
I suppose I live in a similar area, small suburb, close to three schools, but most of it with our street is passing traffic, more oppurtunist really.

We don't have too much trouble. Just annoying that it happened to my car, had I have just put the change in my pocket it would likely not have happened.

I agree though, the little ****ers need to learn a lesson, but most things will struggle to get through to them, and in the long run can make things worse.

I know of a guy on another thread who him & his wife are both hostages in their own home, constantly abused & harassed my a young gang. Feel really sorry for him, but whatever he does it makes things worse :(

If it ever got that bad where I lived, I'd be looking to move.

james
Friday 17th April 2009, 15:13
hi again my friend i really feel for your friends having trouble hopefully the idiots will move on soon but it could take years for theseyoungsters to grow up.

i once left my baseball cap on my parcel shelf in my astra years ago i ended up having the back window smashed for it.i even put my fags in the glove box as i know people have had their windows smashed to get the fags.

its a horrible world that we live in my friend when we can't relax without getting up every half hour or so to check our vehicles.

hope to chat soon cheers james

Johnny5
Friday 17th April 2009, 22:29
Used to have fast fords, cosworths and rs turbo's........ Although they were always garaged and alarmed/immobilised etc etc etc i was always worried that someone would follow me home just to find out where the car was kept.... :(