PDA

View Full Version : I might have to sell my S60...

marc1401
Friday 20th May 2005, 18:52
:frown:

I can't believe I'm about to say this but I'm thinking of selling my S60! Me and Mrs 1401 are having an extension built to our house and it's costing a fortune. I need more money (like everybody does) and I'm just considering it as a possibility. Can I ask you all a favour and give me a clue to it's value at the moment?

It's a 2001 Y plate s60 2.0 Auto with PPC upgrade, Tethys alloys full leather with 93K on it with FVSH. It's in the gallery, the light blue metallic one if you need a look.

How much would it be worth?

:frown:

PS> If I do have to sell it I'm thinking of a S70 T5 or 850T5 as replacement.

dave
Friday 20th May 2005, 19:06
it would be £4500 approx according to what car values

heres the link http://www.whatcar.co.uk/Valuations_Search.asp

just choose your version etc

dave

lance
Saturday 21st May 2005, 15:10
Thats a handy calculator!

dave
Saturday 21st May 2005, 16:18
it is, but doesn't have all models, missing the R's

dave

marc1401
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 22:18
Even more gutted now that I bought it for £10K about 14 months ago...crap.

After_Shock
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 22:20
How many miles did it have when you bought it though?

dave
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 22:40
Even more gutted now that I bought it for £10K about 14 months ago...crap.

2nd hand value for newish volvo's are terrible, but you can therefore pick a bargin car up, so you win when you buy it, but lose when you sell it, but say you brought a audi/bmw, you lose buying it cos it costs so much, but win when you sell, it held a far better value, so if you think about, doesn't many how you do it, you will lose with buying cars!

dave

After_Shock
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 22:46
Depends on the Volvo models though as the used values vary massively!

Look at the XC90 much better residuals than a BM or Merc, and S60 T5 Auto in yellow with cloth interior much worse residuals than a fully loaded Vauxhall Vectra 3.2 V6.

The diesel Volvo's hold up their Values extremely well and are on par with the likes of the BM and Merc's but their cars offer those residuals accross the board, Volvo have some way to go before they achieve the same residuals but they seem to be getting their.

dave
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 22:59
yep, spot on!, it amazing how the xc90 does so well, i hate big 4x4!

dave

After_Shock
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 23:03
I agree with you on the 4x4 front, really cant see the point in them, however after driving one I was genuinely shocked as to how good it was to drive, not far off car like, however it still was no were near enough to consider buying one, even if they were a fraction of the cost they are now.

marc1401
Monday 23rd May 2005, 18:25
Standby brake lights brake lights...right right right into Remortgage Avenue and Standby....Temporary Loss along Overdraft Road....!! :cop:

(Means the bank have given into my demands and paid out so now I'm keeping her - hurrah!!)

Thanks for those replies guys, shocked me senseless but I see what you've said is right. Bargain to buy but hell to sell! I'm keeping her and that's that!

HURRAH!!! :band:

PS> These smiley things don't half make me laugh!
:sheep:

After_Shock
Monday 23rd May 2005, 18:44
Good news on the car front!

Unfortunately the sensible diesel Volvo's are the ones to buy for residuals not the fun T5's!

marc1401
Monday 23rd May 2005, 20:32
Cheers mate, I'm a very happy fella now :-)