PDA

View Full Version : oil seals

wellsy
Friday 20th May 2005, 17:28
ive got my car in at a local independant volvo guy who is replacing the rear main seal ,i have just spoken to him to see how things are going and he said that after cleaning all the oil and muck off the gearbox yesterday and coming back to it this morning noticed a patch of oil leaking from the box from the seal behind the torque converter so he phoned the local dealer to order a seal only to be told that because its a exchange box they cannot supply any parts for it only a new box , my mechanic said he could not believe it .
he has sourced a guy in plymouth who can get the seals from sweden with a bit of luck next week .
i just cant believe that volvo wont supply parts a sticker on the box says it was rebuilt in sweden .
im fed been without my baby for ages now hopfully all sorted soon.

nobananas
Friday 20th May 2005, 23:48
If you get stuck mate drop us a line. I'm a mechanic by trade and am pretty friendly with the parts bloke at my local dealer.

wellsy
Saturday 21st May 2005, 10:26
thanks for the offer i will find out monday if my guy can get hold of them if not i may be in touch.
thanks again cheers wellsy.

wellsy
Tuesday 24th May 2005, 16:24
thankfully the seals are on their way should be back on the road by the weekend in time for all the bank holiday traffic we get here in suny devon