PDA

View Full Version : oil burning white smoke - s60 2.0 T petrol

uzyg
Sunday 12th April 2009, 15:28
Hi, major problem here.

Checked oil level dipstick and is was showing between min and max. Drove 50 odd miles and when pulling up did notice some excess smoke coming from the exhaust. Although the car did not seem to be smoking whilst driving on the motorway. Left it stood still for 2 hours and came back to it...checked oil level dipstick and the dipstick wasnt giving me any reading...no oil?!
Started the car and under light revving white smoke is pouring out of the exhaust. I have topped the oil up and drove it a short distance and the car is smoking like mad.

I am guessing a burst pipe perhaps? When looking under the car there is only a slight sign of leakage with a minute patch of oil on the ground.

With it being easter weekend and now stuck in birmingham whats my best option and anyone have any ideas of what may be wrong with it? Blown turbo? leaking pipe?

oh and the cas has just had a cambelt change and new fuel filter...also had a new oil filter and oil change done 1000 miles ago - 3/4 weeks ago. using 5w40 fully synthetic mobil 1. the milage of car is 118k.

v70torslanda
Monday 13th April 2009, 01:41
Check the tailpipe and see if it is oily. If it is - wot ' e said!

Rob S
Monday 13th April 2009, 08:21
I take it your coolant is OK?

uzyg
Monday 13th April 2009, 10:54
coolant seems fine, no sludgey stuff around the oil filler cap, but the smoke is very thick and not safe to drive.

timbo_1975
Monday 13th April 2009, 12:01
Turbo seals for sure.