PDA

View Full Version : Picked Up the Ebay 854 T5 MOJO today!

lance
Friday 20th May 2005, 01:39
As above and shes absolutley mint apart from a door mirror glass that got cracked last night , and a little scrape on the bumber. Hard to belive 10 years old!
All the MOTs and SH adds up , she ticks over well, drives smooth ,Very quiet , boosts well, with absolutly no smoke, handles much better than my V70, a lot more chuckable , brakes well and silently!

On the negative side , I discoved a fault with the indicators and headlamps , a loose conection in the steering column, it should be easily fixed and not yet a problem, quickly solved by adjusting the steering wheel once engine is started and vehicle stationary, its never happened in motion , and it would be fair to blame it on under use! This was only discovered today after a heafty inspection, and check of fuses.

Other than that Ive got a rotton exhaust bracket and the need for an oil service.

The seller was good knocking a few more quid off for the mirror and electrical problem , and also offering our money back if I am dissatisfied!
The 120 mile trip home was relaxing and pleasurable very easy to get the power down cleanley on country lanes compared to my Miss Whiplash!

She maybe a basic ish model being just an S , but shes so much better than I imagined in terms of condition and drivability!

Time will tell however!

JUDGENINJA
Friday 20th May 2005, 01:58
Nice one hopefully we'll see it soon then......?

fraz13
Friday 20th May 2005, 08:22
Nice one Lance, sounds like a cracker, pics up soon aswell a hope :wink:

Mrsmopp
Friday 20th May 2005, 09:12
Excellent! I'm glad you got lucky with this one!!

Next stop Salvo for the full leather (just kidding!!)

Cant wait to meet the new additions!!

BTW I will be in Notts this weekend sometime as Steve is having Ian fit the new turbo if you wanted to show her off?

x

lance
Friday 20th May 2005, 09:40
Let me know when you are both about and you can meet our new additions!

For those that havent seen a Pic ,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4549300234&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Wobbly Dave
Friday 20th May 2005, 10:53
it is probably time I popped over and said hi as well.

lance
Friday 20th May 2005, 11:00
That would be nice mate, I bet it will only take you 1/2 an hour to get here on a empty road!

Mrsmopp
Friday 20th May 2005, 11:12
We are dropping billie Whizz off at DP's later this arvo but I am not sure what time it will be (poss around 6?)

x

lance
Friday 20th May 2005, 12:02
Ive got a client meeting at 6pm , will be free from 7-8 ish, are you collecting billiewizz on saturday, as I could meet you both then?

Mrsmopp
Friday 20th May 2005, 12:06
Ive got a client meeting at 6pm , will be free from 7-8 ish, are you collecting billiewizz on saturday, as I could meet you both then?

I'll drop you a txt later and let you know. Will have to meet up tho as I have a little something for you! :wink:

x

lance
Friday 20th May 2005, 12:18
Arr :cool: be good to see you !
Just remembered Ive got a Manual to exchange with J too.

Murphy
Friday 20th May 2005, 12:40
Sounds a nice car Lance.

After_Shock
Friday 20th May 2005, 19:35
Well done, good choice and good news!

lance
Thursday 26th May 2005, 15:30
Alls not quite as good as I hoped, I had a choice take car back and get my money back or keep and speand a few £££! (1 0r the other that was it)

Well we have thought long and hard and Im going to keep and get her upto scratch.

Heres whats to be done! MOT till Mid July but getting done asap
Oil service! (knew about)
Rear tail pipe on exhaust and rear bracket! (knew about)
Antifreeze weak! (knew about)
1X cv boot
1X droplink
1x Vac pipe
1X fuel filter (original) + Airfilter + probably spark plugs!( expected)
1x turbo oil return feeder pipe
1 or 2 rubber shocker tops ( suspected)
2XBalljoint

On top of the oil return pipe I may need a replacement rear oil seal , so I might as well replace the clutch if I have to do main oil seal!

Intestingly there was no evidence of oil leaks or drips when I inspected but the underneath looked clean and it was clean with oil!
It just goes to show with a 10 year old T5 there is no such thing as a cheap car , even if it has done low miles and has a full history, often a newer higher mile example can prove a lot less costly on the garge bills as rubber parts wont split the same as a car used more often!

I have had the oil changed and the car still does drive well despite the faults, so I will get her in nextweek and she will be like a new 854 T5 again!

Mrsmopp
Thursday 26th May 2005, 15:33
Alls not quite as good as I hoped, I had a choice take car back and get my money back or keep and speand a few £££! (1 0r the other that was it)

Well we have thought long and hard and Im going to keep and get her upto scratch.

Heres whats to be done! MOT till July but getting done asap
Oil service! (knew about)
Rear tail pipe on exhaust and rear bracket! (knew about)
Antifreeze weak! (knew about)
1X cv boot
1X droplink
1x Vac pipe
1X fuel filter (original) + Airfilter + probably spark plugs!( expected)
1x turbo oil return feeder pipe
1 or 2 rubber shocker tops ( suspected)
2XBalljoint

On top of the oil return pipe I may need a replacement rear oil seal , so I might as well replace the clutch if I have to do main oil seal!

Intestingly there was no evidence of oil leaks or drips when I inspected but the underneath looked clean and it was clean with oil!
It just goes to show with a 10 year old T5 there is no such thing as a cheap car , even if it has done low miles and has a full history, often a newer higher mile example can prove a lot less costly on the garge bills as rubber parts wont split the same as a car used more often!

I have had the oil changed and the car still does drive well despite the faults, so I will get her in nextweek and she will be like a new 854 T5 again!

Just think you could have had your old girl back for that money!!

Just kidding Lance! :remybussi

It'll be good to get the old girl back to good health and with a bit of luck she will look after you for the next 100k then!

Let us know how you get on with everything!

x

lance
Thursday 26th May 2005, 15:50
Just think you could have had your old girl back for that money!!

Just kidding Lance! :remybussi

It'll be good to get the old girl back to good health and with a bit of luck she will look after you for the next 100k then!

Let us know how you get on with everything!

x

I know! I would REALLY Really love Winnie back but Andrea likes the non spoiler look , shes scared of becoming a girl racer, particularly in a years time when shes back at work and may have to carry the odd patient!

Let me know though if you find a winnie replacement and want to sell, as my Dads (70) is quite taken by T5s after driving all of mine,(Whiplash for 120 miles last week) He even said he would concider getting one next ,atleast that way I could still borrow her sometimes and my old man gets a decent motor to scare all his pensioner friends! :jaw:

Mrsmopp
Thursday 26th May 2005, 15:58
Let me know though if you find a winnie replacement and want to sell, :jaw:

You'll be the first to know Hun!

x

Justin
Thursday 26th May 2005, 16:05
Lance, like hello, take the bloody spoiler off winnie, take that car back and get your money back, and get something with higher mileage with most of the work done, at least you know the car !!!

God dam it :icon_soap

lance
Thursday 26th May 2005, 16:36
I know, but its a fair bit of hassle to find time to take the car back 120 miles, (240 round trip)+Andrea really likes the car! Once the works done she will be a minter and last years! ( I reckon fairly rare in original stock condition with those miles too) Andrea doing about 4-5k a year, should hold its value well also!
Its 6 of 1 1/2 a dozen of the other really!

If I hadnt been looking at that bloody ebay there would be no question however!