PDA

View Full Version : T5 Engine Mounting

dj.mobile
Sunday 12th April 2009, 11:25
After spending weeks with this car constantly knocking when driving along the road i think i may have found the problem. After reading many posts on here i decided to check the lower o/s engine mount and found it to be split all the way across.My first question is has anybody attempted to replace the mount and if so could they post the instructions for doing so?. Could anybody advise me on locating the part apart from main dealer and price? The second thing i have noticed is the top engine mount appears to be split on 1 side, the best way to describe it is if looking at it from the drivers side the rubber at 3 oclock is not attatched to the outer ring.Does this need replacing too?

Tomcat
Sunday 12th April 2009, 11:47
The top mount is usually the one to go but they're fairly painless to replace, most have changed them for and uprated polyurathane one but these are a little noisier (In a good way). Fraid I can't comment on the lower one as I've never had to replace one. If you want to buy new then I'd pm Rufe on here, he works for a dealer in S.Wales and gives really good discount to forum members.

Alan M
Sunday 12th April 2009, 14:09
The pad side mount at the timing belt end is a fairly easy job to do. It was the cause of an annoying knock at the front end on my car for a while and was the last part to be changed after the other mounts. I bought mine from FCP Groton in the states when the exchange rate was good. Its worth contacting Rufe for a price on genuine parts as he can often beat most prices on the net.

siamblue
Sunday 12th April 2009, 15:36
Four bolts hold the mount in IIRC, i have one on my T5 that is in excellent condition if yo want to go that route,

Gary