PDA

View Full Version : is a decat safe with hlm 282 remap??

martybelfastt5
Saturday 11th April 2009, 11:50
ok i know hamish will answer this on the phone just thought id throw it out there,,decat will give higher levels of boost as there is no restriction,,but dosent the remap do this also?so would we be talking unsafe boost levels with both??

Rob_ioClean
Saturday 11th April 2009, 11:51
Would have thought the ECU wouldnt let this happen, the turbo will spool quicker, but i dont think the boost will increase.

martybelfastt5
Saturday 11th April 2009, 11:55
ok ,, i know this applys to a supra if both decats are removed there is a big boost increase so quess that sould have been part of my question wouls this happen on the volvo?? ssi tuning here in northern ireland advised me to check if this would be an issue before actually doing it,,

Rob_ioClean
Saturday 11th April 2009, 11:58
ok ,, i know this applys to a supra if both decats are removed there is a big boost increase so quess that sould have been part of my question wouls this happen on the volvo?? ssi tuning here in northern ireland advised me to check if this would be an issue before actually doing it,,

Ah well im not to sure then, would have thought the BCS would cut in.

850twr
Saturday 11th April 2009, 12:00
would of thought the ecu will compensate mate, assuming your still using the bcs.