PDA

View Full Version : tank range

DaveT4
Saturday 11th April 2009, 10:08
i know the t4 is a little on the thirsty side of things but id like to hear what others are gettin to a tank,ie just read up a bit on it and it seems to be a common problem with s/v40 that the fuel light will come on prematurely,im goin to perform the same experiment today,i have gotten down to the redline and im goin to reset the meter and see what kind of mileage it'll do,usually i have a tendancy to refill wit a 1/4 tank left so its never really dawned on me till recently when i had gotten to nearly no fuel left yet it would only take 49 litres and the manual clearly states 60 litre capacity

Rufe
Saturday 11th April 2009, 10:35
Volvos all seem to be pessimistic when it comes to the amount of fuel left.

with the V50 diesels for example they actually fake being out of fuel by dropping a cylinder for a while and then cuts out when you come to a stop. it does this when there is a still a few litres left. the light comes on a bit early to encourage you to stop and refill a long time before running out.

DaveT4
Saturday 11th April 2009, 15:08
well i only remembered i lent out my jerry can but i was brave to the point i covered about 70 miles with the light on!! at that point i was at a station so threw some gogo juice in bt i think that proves the point,i will try again when i get the jerry can back:firedevil

S70T5Chris
Saturday 11th April 2009, 16:43
Last year I took the T4 to the Nurbugring. On the journey home (granted 99% motoway, but did include the autobhan :B_blite:) I did about 500 miles, fuel gauge was low but the light still hadn't come on!

DaveT4
Saturday 11th April 2009, 18:12
Last year I took the T4 to the Nurbugring. On the journey home (granted 99% motoway, but did include the autobhan :B_blite:) I did about 500 miles, fuel gauge was low but the light still hadn't come on!

well thats pretty impressive,id average about 330-350 miles mixed driving on a full tank before the light would come on but i always thought it should be more and now i know why,i really would like to be seein about 450

daveforber
Saturday 11th April 2009, 21:08
I have a 2.0T, but get about the same as you, i.e. 350 miles on a run, as low as 250 miles town driving. I think I've had it as high as 370 miles, but I got scared when the computer said 'FUEL' and filled it up.

If you're really anal, work out how much shy of a full tank (60 litres) you are when you refill it, which should give you a good idea of how much range was left. As a guide, from completely empty at 94.9p a litre, it would cost you £56.94 to brim it.

MrMopp
Saturday 11th April 2009, 21:16
The T4 we had for a while used to return around 350 to a tank but I am very heavy footed , although on motorway work it used to hit around 400 to a tank :)

Midnightt4
Saturday 11th April 2009, 23:25
Tank range is great on my t4.

Motorway driving at 80 it will cover 500miles at least before hitting the light

ambu-phil
Friday 7th August 2009, 04:27
Just had 390miles out of 11 gallons in my 03 T4, really pleased with the fuel economy given the silly performance. Reckon if I talked to it really nicely on a motorway run I could get 450-500 out of a tank.