PDA

View Full Version : SIPS rear sticker

MarkGolf
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:07
Im a bit anal and want to replace the current SIPS sticker as its crinkled up..
Can you get these from Volvo?

thx

M44K TS
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:17
mines crinkled aswell but i want to get rid of mine altogether but it leaves all the sticky bits behind when i tried to take it off

Bison
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:18
Get rid of it, it's gay

Bison :bog:

Wobbly Dave
Friday 20th May 2005, 00:23
Rocket WD40 works well when removing the glue, followed by lots of window cleaner to remove the oil.

I like the clean - no sticker look, personally.

MarkGolf
Friday 20th May 2005, 00:31
The previous owner had all sorts of dog stickers on before me, got all the grime offf with WD and T-Cut..

Im normally a fan of the clean look which is my golf, but with the volvo, I want it to be factory and original to a degree :D

Wobbly Dave
Friday 20th May 2005, 00:47
Best thing then is to go see your main stealer and see if they still do them.

M44K TS
Friday 20th May 2005, 08:18
if they don't do it, get in touch with a signwriting company, they should be able to knock one up for you

Andrew
Friday 20th May 2005, 09:25
A good thing for sticky stuff is Nail Polish remover. It's a solvant and will easily and quickly get rid of glue type substances.

Andrew.

nikgallagher
Friday 20th May 2005, 09:32
I took the stickers off my back window, and due to the location they are quite annoying to pick off. Got to be careful not to damage the heater elements too. I had no joy with usual (gentle) solvents, so reverted to picking all the sticky off with a fingernail, then cleaning with windolene several times. Not something I would ever repeat as it took ages, but the car was new to me and I was still very keen! Next is the original 'running-in' sticker that is still on the windscreen - shows how durable (or lucky) the screens are.

vt5
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 08:42
Im gonna defend MarkGolf on this one. i also like originality so say go for the sticker if thats your thing....ive thought about getting one too, as mine didnt come with one on but perhaps dont think it would look good on a saloon backwindow so will probably not get one for that reason unless i found a mini one.

I like original stickers though......keeping it real and all that...

i can see the disgusted look on your faces now "I think they look bloody crap, he doesnt know what he's on about that lad" lol

Pedro Fandango
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 08:46
must admit the SIPS sticker is the only sticker i would leave in the back window (if i had 1 to start with), but my first job when i get a new car is remove all dealer window stickers & change the number plates (to remove the dealer advert they put on them)

chriskay
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 12:06
must admit the SIPS sticker is the only sticker i would leave in the back window (if i had 1 to start with), but my first job when i get a new car is remove all dealer window stickers & change the number plates (to remove the dealer advert they put on them)
I'm with you Pedro, but I removed the SIPS sticker too.

M44K TS
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 12:12
i've had my car for 4 months or so now and i still haven't took the dealer plates or the sips sticker off, i will one day though

Redbrick
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 23:41
I'm with Mark on this one. The SIPS sticker is there to stay- its a bit of 90's retro. Something about the Volvo font, can't explain it, I'm just that sad.

Next door neighbour had a F*rd Mundane estate with a rip off SIPS sticker in the back called IPS- Intelligent Protection System. Keep an eye out and see what I mean.