PDA

View Full Version : The latest Audis..T5 fodder!!

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 19:43
Was out playing again and the first to take the bait was an '07 S3. No competition. The blow off from his catalyst was enough to know he was trying his best. No idea what performance this is supposed to have. My smile was starting to fade when the next on tried it on....Does anyone know what a TTs is? Was an 08 reg. It was noticeably better but still not quite good enough. He pulled over and pretended to be on his phone. Aye.......A tuned T5,great aren't they??

Rob S
Friday 10th April 2009, 19:57
271 PS and probably less weight, according to google!
You'll have to start getting those icons down the side of the car like with WW2 fighter aces used to have, another scalp for Alan!

IC
Friday 10th April 2009, 19:59
Was out playing again and the first to take the bait was an '07 S3. No competition. The blow off from his catalyst was enough to know he was trying his best. No idea what performance this is supposed to have. My smile was starting to fade when the next on tried it on....Does anyone know what a TTs is? Was an 08 reg. It was noticeably better but still not quite good enough. He pulled over and pretended to be on his phone. Aye.......A tuned T5,great aren't they??

If you want to race other cars why not get yourself a motorsport licence and compete against other cars in a suitable environment. You will find other like minded and a suitable challenge to prove yourself and really find out how good other cars and drivers are. Racing on the public highway is extremely foolish and if you are in an accident you may find that your insurance company won't want to known you. Publicly posting that you have raced another car "out playing" is also something that you may regret as it is documented evidence of your approach to driving on the public highway.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:08
If you want to race other cars why not get yourself a motorsport licence and compete against other cars in a suitable environment. You will find other like minded and a suitable challenge to prove yourself and really find out how good other cars and drivers are. Racing on the public highway is extremely foolish and if you are in an accident you may find that your insurance company won't want to known you. Publicly posting that you have raced another car "out playing" is also something that you may regret as it is documented evidence of your approach to driving on the public highway.

Was waiting for this....Always one. No offence to you but did I mention anything about where I was and what speed I was doing? Joining a 70mph motorway from a roundabout that is traffic light controlled can give all the information required...........and it did. As I said,thank you for your input....Alan.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:10
271 PS and probably less weight, according to google!
You'll have to start getting those icons down the side of the car like with WW2 fighter aces used to have, another scalp for Alan!

Nice one Rob!! Keep the 5 alive....

Pliskin
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:13

I couldn't agree more, to use the public road as a racetrack is completely moronic and anyone that does it is a tool.

In respect of insurance, what these numpties don't seem to realise is that insurance companies have investigators scanning all the major forums just looking for posts like this.

All they do is note the information, which of course is shared between them all and if poster later makes a claim they will use the information against them if they can.

Like the man said save it for the racetrack!

IC
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:14
Was waiting for this....Always one. No offence to you but did I mention anything about where I was and what speed I was doing? Joining a 70mph motorway from a roundabout that is traffic light controlled can give all the information required...........and it did. As I said,thank you for your input....Alan.

Hi Alan, if you really want to test your car and yourself PM me and I can give you some advice on competing in motorsport.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:17
I couldn't agree more, to use the public road as a racetrack is completely moronic and anyone that does it is a tool.

In respect of insurance, what these numpties don't seem to realise is that insurance companies have investigators scanning all the major forums just looking for posts like this.

All they do is note the information, which of course is shared between them all and if poster later makes a claim they will use the information against them if they can.

Like the man said save it for the racetrack!

See last post.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:21
Hi Alan, if you really want to test your car and yourself PM me and I can give you some advice on competing in motorsport.

Many thanks to you but work commitments don't allow. If the opportunity ever arises you will be my first port of call.
While I am editing this....anyone else fancy a pop? Seems having fun in this place nowadays is a crime! Those who feel this way should channel their hard-earned into a Sinclair C5..........Does anyone remember them?? God,I'm old!!!!!!!

Wombatbomb
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:32

You're the first person to actually mention a speed, no-one said you had broken any speed limits. All that IC pointed out was that racing on the public road is a fools game, you don't have to break the speed limit to be considered to be street racing.

Ooooo....MS50 - Motor racing on the highway...from 3 to 11 Points in one go.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:42
You're the first person to actually mention a speed, no-one said you had broken any speed limits. All that IC pointed out was that racing on the public road is a fools game, you don't have to break the speed limit to be considered to be street racing.

Ooooo....MS50 - Motor racing on the highway...from 3 to 11 Points in one go.

Unless you are well read on this and if you are there must be some reason.........I BROKE NO LAW!!!! Wish I hadn't bothered wi this thread now. I mean no offence to anyone,but I do object to people drawing conclusions when political correctness is the motivation. Mr Moderator,please close this thread....

volvokid
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:44
Many thanks to you but work commitments don't allow. If the opportunity ever arises you will be my first port of call.
While I am editing this....anyone else fancy a pop? Seems having fun in this place nowadays is a crime! Those who feel this way should channel their hard-earned into a Sinclair C5..........Does anyone remember them?? God,I'm old!!!!!!!

Couldn’t agree more you need a bit of fun in these cars that’s why we have them, I’m 4 hours away from the nearest track so if I get caught I will take it on the chin, that’s not to say I drive fast all the time cuz i spend 90% of my time plodding along in my V40 1.9D. Had the S60R out today and on the way to work I took the smile off a young BMW 330ci drivers face. He thought he would be smart and take off past 3 cars like a bullet, just a pity we stopped at a roundabout together and took off together onto the dueller hee hee I doubt he even knew what kind of Volvo it was. He followed me for about 20 miles and when I pulled into my work he had a proper look back at me I just gave him a cheeky wave.
It must just be us Scots that can drive not those sour plumbs over the boarder hee hee just kidding

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:51
Couldn’t agree more you need a bit of fun in these cars that’s why we have them, I’m 4 hours away from the nearest track so if I get caught I will take it on the chin, that’s not to say I drive fast all the time cuz i spend 90% of my time plodding along in my V40 1.9D. Had the S60R out today and on the way to work I took the smile off a young BMW 330ci drivers face. He thought he would be smart and take off past 3 cars like a bullet, just a pity we stopped at a roundabout together and took off together onto the dueller hee hee I doubt he even knew what kind of Volvo it was. He followed me for about 20 miles and when I pulled into my work he had a proper look back at me I just gave him a cheeky wave.
It must just be us Scots that can drive not those sour plumbs over the boarder hee hee just kidding

This makes me smile.......nice one!!

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 20:59
All quiet now?? Enough said then.

888dee
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:01
this is quite an interesting read

http://www.prisondiary.co.uk/

volvokid
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:05
read it b4

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:07
Certainly does,but doesn't relate in any way,shape or form. Thanks for your contribution

Wombatbomb
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:11
Ah, I see, once a thread goes in a way you don't like you ask for it to be closed.

With regards to political correctness, highly amusing, I'm one of the least pc folks I know, it's all a load of balls as far as I'm concerned.

Finally, I'm well read on the matter of motoring offences because cars are my hobby, and I consider a good knowledge of the law associated with them to be a good thing. Not everyone reads stuff just because they have to.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:12
Ok......So from the feedback from this thread,we buy Volvo T5s. We tune them and then we all drive like grandmothers?? Do I detect a wee bit of hypocrysy (sorry about the speling,not a word I use often)? I really do wonder why some members are here. Apologies,just my thoughts.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:14
Ah, I see, once a thread goes in a way you don't like you ask for it to be closed.

With regards to political correctness, highly amusing, I'm one of the least pc folks I know, it's all a load of balls as far as I'm concerned.

Finally, I'm well read on the matter of motoring offences because cars are my hobby, and I consider a good knowledge of the law associated with them to be a good thing. Not everyone reads stuff just because they have to.

Simplistic view. Only reason for that suggestion was because it was very obvious there would never be agreement. Regards.

888dee
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:15
alan, don't get me wrong, I've done exactly what you've relayed above and am not beyond doing it again, I do live in scotland with some of the best driving roads within easy reach, the point is, as posted above, "discussing" it on a public forum maybe ain't to smart, but each to their own.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:23
alan, don't get me wrong, I've done exactly what you've relayed above and am not beyond doing it again, I do live in scotland with some of the best driving roads within easy reach, the point is, as posted above, "discussing" it on a public forum maybe ain't to smart, but each to their own.

With all due respect,do I have to re-type a previous post? No broken laws......All I asked for was some general info. I had my doubts about putting this up,should have listened to them.Some of the sanctimonious hypocrites on here make me want to buy my own beer!! Okay,okay,bought it now so should be calming down very shortly..Sorry.only because I had to buy my own beer .you understand. Not for anything else.

888dee
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:25
whatever.... you have a nice evening

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:27
And you,my friend. I mean no offence.

Rob S
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:31
Mods,
As a neutral here, might I suggest this be knocked on the head before things get unpleasant?
The guys who posted about their enjoyment using the performance compared with other supposedly faster cars, are right to enthuse about the bang per buck surely we all enjoy. I know it's one of the reasons I bought a T5 as opposed to a more run of the mill 850.
Additionally, the guys who dismiss public racing as foolish are also right, IF done, it is asking for trouble, and most would agree, it's not big or clever.
We are all on here, because we must be to some extent, enthusiasts of performance Volvo's?
People will remain on either side of the "what is safe for the road" fence, no matter what is posted, and it would be a crying shame to see this forum descend into a site used for witch hunts or bitchiness. (Already been on e30zone and scoobynet, dont want to start avoiding this site too!)
I genuinely think both sides have a point, and that's my 2p worth.
Happy Easter everyone!

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:46
Mods,
As a neutral here, might I suggest this be knocked on the head before things get unpleasant?
The guys who posted about their enjoyment using the performance compared with other supposedly faster cars, are right to enthuse about the bang per buck surely we all enjoy. I know it's one of the reasons I bought a T5 as opposed to a more run of the mill 850.
Additionally, the guys who dismiss public racing as foolish are also right, IF done, it is asking for trouble, and most would agree, it's not big or clever.
We are all on here, because we must be to some extent, enthusiasts of performance Volvo's?
People will remain on either side of the "what is safe for the road" fence, no matter what is posted, and it would be a crying shame to see this forum descend into a site used for witch hunts or bitchiness. (Already been on e30zone and scoobynet, dont want to start avoiding this site too!)
I genuinely think both sides have a point, and that's my 2p worth.
Happy Easter everyone!

No arguement Rob,just don't like hypocrites. I can think of a thread recently where the guy described his antics in vivid colour. They (this forum) tore him for a""e paper. In some respects (most) it was fair. Someone could have been killed.
This is a very different case. Seems to me that you mention speed in any form now and they are down on you as if it is a crime. I have to ask what the point of all this is?
Maybe I should have kept thre old 360GLE,or bought an old T5 and removed the booster?
Best these people buy a Toyota Prius and leave us alone. Knitting would suit them better.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:55
Anyone else???

Max Headroom
Friday 10th April 2009, 21:58
As another neutral, I re-read the OP and I couldn't even see any mention of speed limits being broken, perhaps the critics of the original post can point it out to me?

I had to recheck the title of the forum, it is the Volvo Performance Club, not the Flat cap and driving gloves brigade. What is wrong with some spirited driving? None as far as I can see. I brought the T5 for some fun, safe fun before you ask, 0-60 in just over 5 secs is fast, but I am breaking no laws am I???

If I wanted to read boring threads I could always go to VOC!!!!!!!

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:01
As another neutral, I re-read the OP and I couldn't even see any mention of speed limits being broken, perhaps the critics of the original post can point it out to me?

I had to recheck the title of the forum, it is the Volvo Performance Club, not the Flat cap and driving gloves brigade. What is wrong with some spirited driving? None as far as I can see. I brought the T5 for some fun, safe fun before you ask, 0-60 in just over 5 secs is fast, but I am breaking no laws am I???

If I wanted to read boring threads I could always go to VOC!!!!!!!

I thank you,kind sir!!

Rob S
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:01
@ Alan,
Ever wished you'd googled the TT's power now;)

cameron
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:10
Why is it that its always Audi and BMW drivers that try racing on the highway.

This afternoon whilst coming home with all the kids in the car some D*ck in a BMW 330i Saloon took much greivance to being out accelerated by an " old mans car ".

I didnt even notice him behind me at the lights but i was in a hurry to get home as we realised we left the house unlocked :(

Green light i went for it as quick as i could up to the limit allowed and cruised there until this D*ck come up behind ( a good bit later ) whilst i was passing a slower vehicle, think it was an artic or summit like that, anyway he proceeded to flash his headlights at me to get passed and after a couple of seconds the idiot took to the hard shoulder to pass us both :mad111:

Even my Mrs who doesnt swear was giving it some, we were both totally dumbfounded.

Not only did he put his own life in danger, but what if someonehad been sat on the shoulder :confused:

It beggars beleif the driving of some people.

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:14
@ Alan,
Seems to me it's been hijacked by the motorised wheelchairs. I only asked a q. Think it's best to leave them if they're happy. One day,we may be that way.......

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:22

This afternoon whilst coming home with all the kids in the car some D*ck in a BMW 330i Saloon took much greivance to being out accelerated by an " old mans car ".

I didnt even notice him behind me at the lights but i was in a hurry to get home as we realised we left the house unlocked :(

Green light i went for it as quick as i could up to the limit allowed and cruised there until this D*ck come up behind ( a good bit later ) whilst i was passing a slower vehicle, think it was an artic or summit like that, anyway he proceeded to flash his headlights at me to get passed and after a couple of seconds the idiot took to the hard shoulder to pass us both :mad111:

Even my Mrs who doesnt swear was giving it some, we were both totally dumbfounded.

Not only did he put his own life in danger, but what if someonehad been sat on the shoulder :confused:

Not all that sure of your point,Cameron. I agree with you completely. Anyone taking that sort of risk is irresponsible. I'm glad you and your people emerged unscathed....

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:25
@ Alan,

Yep!!!

Max Headroom
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:25

I have an Audi as well as my beloved T5 :) and my names Dave :)

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:27

And your point is???

cameron
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:27
Dont worrry al i got accosted before, i was asked to follow a drink driver by the police til lthey caught up, it was about 1am and this guy was proper going for it, hr almost ran into the central reservation, anyway to cut a long story short at times i was doing in excess of 140mph and i was amazed that a 13 year old car couldd still do its top end ( easily ) i posted a sat nav reading showing 142mph, BIG MISTAKE.

All i stated was that it showed the quality of these flying bricks and it fell flat on its face.

Dont get me wrong i wouldnt intentionally fly along at those speeds but ive done my fair share of showing idiots the rear end of the old bus with great delight.

Just be careful as you have become aware of what you tell people.

If you feel like sticking it to TT owners then fair play, just dont get caught and dont tell anyone on here unless its by pm of course ;)

Max Headroom
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:29
And your point is???

I have 2 cars and my name isn't Dick :)

(1 car for going and 1 car for showing)

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:32
Dont worrry al i got accosted before, i was asked to follow a drink driver by the police til lthey caught up, it was about 1am and this guy was proper going for it, hr almost ran into the central reservation, anyway to cut a long story short at times i was doing in excess of 140mph and i was amazed that a 13 year old car couldd still do its top end ( easily ) i posted a sat nav reading showing 142mph, BIG MISTAKE.

All i stated was that it showed the quality of these flying bricks and it fell flat on its face.

Dont get me wrong i wouldnt intentionally fly along at those speeds but ive done my fair share of showing idiots the rear end of the old bus with great delight.

Just be careful as you have become aware of what you tell people.

If you feel like sticking it to TT owners then fair play, just dont get caught and dont tell anyone on here unless its by pm of course ;)
The last thing I want to do is disrespect you,my friend but I am in no way foul of the law. I have done nothing wrong. A hard start to motorway speed does not constitute a prison sentence. Wish I'd kept it shut now!!

cameron
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:32

Dont get me wrong Dave, im not classing all BMW or Audi owners as the same, it just that from my experience that its always these that are trying to get passed in a hurry. Probably all rep mobiles or summit, i dont know ;)

My old man was a finance and business manager for VW / Audi for over 30 years, i love the things. I even knocked back an A4 estate the Quattro one for the chance to buy my first T5 :D

Max Headroom
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:33
Dont get me wrong Dave, im not classing all BMW or Audi owners as the same, it just that from my experience that its always these that are trying to get passed in a hurry. Probably all rep mobiles or summit, i dont know ;)

My old man was a finance and business manager for VW / Audi for over 30 years, i love the things. I even knocked back an A4 estate the Quattro one for the chance to buy my first T5 :D

Don't worry bud, I knew you weren't :) just joshing with you

cameron
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:34
No disrespect felt matey :D

AlanG
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:34
I have 2 cars and my name isn't Dick :)

(1 car for going and 1 car for showing)

Dick?? Who said that?

volvolised
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:36
Isn't racing other cars using only first and second pretty boring (70mph)..lol

cameron
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:38
Auto's in Sport mode do it in first gear i think.

If your going hard they dont go into top till 110ish ;)

volvokid
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:40
shh i took the S60R up to 155mph today

cameron
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:41
Show off :D

Al115
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:43
"Racing" can be at any speed - below the limit or above it, it goes badly with the law.

I'm closing this thread before it becomes any more of a liability. Sorry guys.