PDA

View Full Version : engine over pressurizing

craig
Thursday 19th May 2005, 22:44
ive got a slight oil seapage from the dip stick (and the filler cap i think) so maybe im thinking the breather hoses could be getting a bit furred up . so can any one tell me if this is the probable cause and if so how easy is it to crear em out and can you tell me which the hoses in question would be ?
thanks
craig...... :bath:

Justin
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:04
£3.00 from the dealer for a filler cap seal and a dipstick seal inc vat, job done ;)

craig
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:09
cool
so does that mean you think my engine might not be over pressurizing

Justin
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:12
I cannot say, however all my 850's leaked from both the dipstick and the filler cap, the seals are so cheap its one of the first jobs i do.

Replace them, if they still leak you have a problem, if they dont you have saved a fortune :)

craig
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:15
thanks mate ,
i take it its a bit of a nitemare to do the hoses then....

Justin
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:16
Crank case breathers is a big job as far as im aware, i wouldnt attempt it lets put it that way, so you have to be paying labour.

craig
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:19
changing the seals it is then...

siamblue
Thursday 19th May 2005, 23:20
I went to Cambridge Volvo in Havant today for a dipstick seal Volvo part no. 955973 as mine is now perished It came to £1.32 plus the vat but they didn't ahve one in stock so he went out to the service area and brought back a box of O rings and said take your pick no charge,Big thanks to the guy in there,
Now why can't Barkingside Volvo be so accomodating.