PDA

View Full Version : fuelling at higher boost levels

JelT5
Thursday 9th April 2009, 08:20
The lust for power continues!

Is running lean (and melting pistons) the main problem with running higher than 13psi boost? Are bigger injectors and a better fuel pump the answer or is there still the risk of bending the rods even if you do this?

If this has been covered before just post the link!

Cheers, Jerry

Alan M
Thursday 9th April 2009, 08:53
Get a decent map and the fueling should be sorted so you can run your standard parts. MTE Rica, Upsolute, Superchips and there are other companies also that will offer a map for your car.

JelT5
Thursday 9th April 2009, 09:32
Sorry, I should have said that I'm running an mbc and not thinking about a remap at the moment.

p fandango
Thursday 9th April 2009, 09:43
Sorry, I should have said that I'm running an mbc and not thinking about a remap at the moment.
standard ECU's are very adaptive but i'm waiting on an experiment to see how they adjust to bigger injectors. I'm running a larger MAF & altho the ECU doesn't like it at first after a few cranks it gets the mixture right & runs as normal, it does bring a CEL light on tho as it knows something isn't normal

timbo_1975
Thursday 9th April 2009, 10:01
Don't run the stock turbo over about 1.2-1.3 bar- the compressor is too small (which is why people upgrade to a 18, or 19t) and all it serves to do is provide hot air and spin its guts out - aside from lack of fuelling...