PDA

View Full Version : Forte Injector Cleaner / Engine Treatment

cameron
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 19:19
Has anyone else used this miracle formula ?

I got it trade price at only £7 yes i did say £7 :D

It sells for £16 + in the shops.

Put the full bottle in with 50 litres of petrol ( approx ) and let it idle for 10 minutes. The difference is black and white.

Better mpg ( 20 + mpg as apposed to 17 - 18 ). Lower emissions down to 0.39 as opposed to 0.58 ( legal limit is 0.3 :( ) and a lot more speed.

Before i would give it the boot and it would sort of stutter. Obviously the injectors were full of crap :mad: But now it is super quick.

I think now im only just getting the full benefits of the HLM 304.

Super stuff and well worth the money, even if i had to pay the full price id still be well chuffed.

Hopefully the cat thats on its way will be better and it'll pass its emissions test on Wednesday :saint:

Just thought id let you all know of the wonder stuff :B_thumb:

Lee

5seaterT5x2
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 19:44
Has anyone else used this miracle formula ?

I got it trade price at only £7 yes i did say £7 :D

It sells for £16 + in the shops.

Put the full bottle in with 50 litres of petrol ( approx ) and let it idle for 10 minutes. The difference is black and white.

Better mpg ( 20 + mpg as apposed to 17 - 18 ). Lower emissions down to 0.39 as opposed to 0.58 ( legal limit is 0.3 :( ) and a lot more speed.

Before i would give it the boot and it would sort of stutter. Obviously the injectors were full of crap :mad: But now it is super quick.

I think now im only just getting the full benefits of the HLM 304.

Super stuff and well worth the money, even if i had to pay the full price id still be well chuffed.

Hopefully the cat thats on its way will be better and it'll pass its emissions test on Wednesday :saint:

Just thought id let you all know of the wonder stuff :B_thumb:

Lee

used it many many times in different forms ie:- they do all sorts injector cleaners, seal conditioner,power steering fluid cooling system stuff all sorts. it's very very good stuff and £7? a bargain lucky sod ;-)

AlanG
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 19:48
Being in the trade,I got mine free-gratis. Although I'm led to believe it's not in the average retailer,only those who operate "The Good Garage Scheme" Certainly agree with your findings. Recommend it to anyone with a car with a few miles on.

T5arrrgghh
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 20:10
think we could do a bit of a club deal?? £7 is way cheap!!

5seaterT5x2
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 20:15
think we could do a bit of a club deal?? £7 is way cheap!!

good idea i'll have some

Volvostorm
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 20:38
Its great stuff,got many a car though the test by using this :D

cameron
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 20:45
It was a one time offer im afraid. :(

After all the S**t ive been through trying to lower the emissions.

This is the best i can do guys.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORTE-ADVANCED-FORMULA-GAS-TREATMENT-FOR-PETROL-ENGINES_W0QQitemZ280312119416QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item280312119 416&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

PaulZX
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 20:52
sweet, gonna need some of this stuff to clean out the set of blue injectors i just bought....

Cheers cam... :D

Yosser
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 21:00
Forte stuff is good, but for injectors - send them to Jimathan for a proper clean and get them balanced and flow tested!!!

96T5Andy
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 21:40
Lee / cameron wondering about getting some of this stuff - dont appear to have any problems with my t5 but obviously would like to improve the mpg! what mileage are you on - im on 94k and wondering whether some of this stuff might be worth a try

cameron
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 22:19
Hey Andy

Im only on 126k, hardly a high mileage car :D

Ive had the HLM 304 done, the actuator adjusted, pipercross airfilter, and only ever run on 99 ron, either V Power or Tesco Super.

It was mainly for the emissions, work suggested Forte and i though wat the hell i'll give it a bash.

The difference in performance is brill.

Plus extra MPG as well, maybe only a couple of MPG but every little helps.

AlanG
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 22:22
If it helps,mine has 120k FSH,HLM stage one (Rica 280 equivalent) K&N panel and a light influence from an MBC. Put Forte through and is able to return 31mpg. Happy.......

BruceT
Thursday 9th April 2009, 07:45
I used the £14 STP stuff... ther was two types and after reading online I got the "better" one which is supposed to clean better (Fuel treatment)

I cant say I noticed much difference to be honest. But it may have reduced emission? Ill compare with an old MOT and a new one this year.

I'd personally, if feasable ie having access to another car or a lift - Send them to Jim for a ultra sonic bath, flow testing etc.

I should also follow my own advice and change the possibly original fuel filter, too.

T5arrrgghh
Thursday 9th April 2009, 09:35
sad i will pick some up from camskill as it is £15 something on the web****e i am in whitehaven next week! think my poor mpg is always gonna be limited by my right foot and until now the fact i have been carrying all my tools about!

DuncVolvoTurbo
Thursday 9th April 2009, 09:44
Has anyone ever used Greased Lightning products before?

I got a set of their Fuel System Treatment and Instant Engine Treatment as a free gift when I bought something else. I don't fancy putting it in my car if there are going to be any ill effects. Seems like you only have to put this through your system every 12k miles, where others are more frequent.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers.

(If not, I'll get some Forte)

96T5Andy
Saturday 18th April 2009, 17:45
have just ordered some. hope its the right stuff and the sellers honest.
Just a heads up as its £7 a bottle in P&P... trade price???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORTE-Advanced-Formula-PETROL-GAS-TREATMENT_W0QQitemZ330321950215QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3303219 50215

Rufe
Sunday 19th April 2009, 00:02
going back a couple of years we used to sell this for £10 retail, and £7 trade if i remember right, but havent seen the rep for a couple of years now so we simply dont stock it any more, but it is a product (as with all Forte products) in fairness. ive used a few of their products myself over the years and allways had good results, the rep allways had a few spare bottles when i asked him nicely lol.

cameron
Sunday 19th April 2009, 09:21
have just ordered some. hope its the right stuff and the sellers honest.
Just a heads up as its £7 a bottle in P&P... trade price???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORTE-Advanced-Formula-PETROL-GAS-TREATMENT_W0QQitemZ330321950215QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3303219 50215

Good choice :D

Looks identical to the one i used.

Its quality stuff

Just hope its genuine ;)