PDA

View Full Version : wow

volvokid
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 23:18
Some people have to much time and money http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38692&highlight=dyson

neevo
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 01:48
WTF???

I think we have found a new definition of Sad

t5lover
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 11:07
lost for words lol

Baj
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 11:43
That is the tip of the iceberg with VXRmarc. Genuinely.

MrMopp
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 11:46
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Get-to-Work-And-Get-a-Life-Before-I-Hirshman-Lin-N_W0QQitemZ250403215685QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Books _NonFictionBooks_NonFictionBooks_SM?hash=item25040 3215685&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

A worthwhile investment for him i think :)

gazbak1
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 13:45
is he the guy who spend the first week of his brand new vxr washing it! instead of driving it?

gazbak1

volvokid
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 15:02
is he the guy who spend the first week of his brand new vxr washing it! instead of driving it?

gazbak1

he sure is

gazbak1
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 15:38
he sure is

thought so. dont get me wrong i enjoy cleaning my car to show room condition maybe once every other month but driving takes priority over a clean car lol the first month i got my car all i did was drive it!
gazbak1

AndysR
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 18:28
Car's yes I love reading about a good detail, but a Dyson!! Please :rolling_e

Pliskin
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 21:01
Theres a lot of old ladies gardens that could do with sorting out and he is doing that, sad sad sad individual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bailes1992
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 22:22
It was a bet he had with a guy down the pub... he lost and had to detail his hoover :lol:

Rufe
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 22:29
this must be the same guy that on day one of owning his brand new nurburgring spec astra vxr he even removed the badges to clean behind them, and spent the day washing and rewashing, and checking paint depth etc.

obsessive is not the word, he genuinely has a problem

cameron
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 23:01
The one and hopefully only Si ;)

t4 chump
Sunday 16th August 2009, 22:42
my friend has his old vxr corsa he called him up a week after owning it to make sure it was still clean. aparently has 150 coats of crystal rock wax on it. must have issues

martybelfastt5
Sunday 16th August 2009, 23:11
lol seen this before crazy,guy lots of time and money to be spent there,,,,

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 16th August 2009, 23:25
Oh dear. I've cleaned vacuums before, and just used good old soap and water as after two minutes on a floor the thing would be filled up with dust again.

Some people have too much money and too much time (and untreated disorders)!

Was this the guy with the white corsa nurburgring edition?

t4 chump
Sunday 16th August 2009, 23:28
yeah he spent about 2months polishing and cleaning so it was to his standerds of shiney

bsr295
Monday 17th August 2009, 19:51
Has he never found women or beer [normal stuff] obsesive or what..........

Filterlab
Monday 17th August 2009, 20:29
Hehehehe, well he has a point. How much is detailing really worth bothering with? :biggrin:

p fandango
Monday 17th August 2009, 20:38
How much is detailing really worth bothering with? :biggrin:
about £3 to the local hand-wash does me, & thats only if i can't get my old-man to do it for free lol

t5lover
Monday 17th August 2009, 22:41
about £3 to the local hand-wash does me, & thats only if i can't get my old-man to do it for free lol

lol u crack me up lol

mexybhouy
Monday 17th August 2009, 22:55
That's the sort of guy you hear about turning up Sheepishly at Casualty with said household tool with his C--k firmly rooted inside the suction hose!!!!
Bet he CALLS HIMSELF J Edgar Hoover???

dave stew
Tuesday 18th August 2009, 22:36
"I was hanging the curtains and fell on the fruit bowl".

Porcine_Aviator
Tuesday 18th August 2009, 22:55
Some time ago the guy next door chucked out his upright Dyson. He said it wasn't working, and he was going to buy another machine.

So before the bin men (oops sorry refuse disposal operatives) arrived, I grabbed it and set to work, not detailing it but clearing out the pipes, the filters, and washing out the bin.

After about half an hours work I switched it on and it ran no problem. All that was wrong was it was blocked up and as soon as it ws switched on it ran for a few seconds and then cut out. So with a bit of work it was back to it's old self and not down the tip, where I have seen a lot of them over the last few years.

So if your Dyson packs up and won't start leave it, then give it a good clean out and try it again. If anything breaks give Dyson's help line a call and they will send you new parts for it, that's something else I've done in the past.

They cost enough so why not see if you can put it right before chucking it away.

I gave him his back an he dropped a bottle of wine around for me. :lol:

volvoturboman
Tuesday 18th August 2009, 23:22
I can't believe it, of all the things I've seen and read in my life. Do you know what actually its quite annoying why anyone would do that.........

...........I mean really buying a Dyson when you can buy a better Numatic Henry for less lol!!!

AlanG
Tuesday 18th August 2009, 23:30
I can't believe it, of all the things I've seen and read in my life. Do you know what actually its quite annoying why anyone would do that.........

...........I mean really buying a Dyson when you can buy a better Numatic Henry for less lol!!!

As mine came with no birth certificate,I re-named mine Nathaniel........He looks like a Nathaniel.....:help:

volvoturboman
Wednesday 19th August 2009, 03:15
As mine came with no birth certificate,I re-named mine Nathaniel........He looks like a Nathaniel.....:help:

LOL, naw well I just have plain old Henry. Always got a smile on his face even when he's been laying in the cupboard with nobody bothering about him for a couple of days. Friendly little chap he always follows me about the house lol.

t4 chump
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 14:21
my henry sits on the back of my van covered in soot still smiling even wen he fell off the shelf. hes got a friend in there with him

AlanG
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 18:00
Was shocked to discover that Nathaniel is actually Natalie. He/she was stayin' with a (now ex) friend for a couple of days and came home with a discharge...........:wtf::sick:

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 21:01
That's a bad case of OCD.

Sorry about the rain washed the car today.

Porcine_Aviator
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 21:10
I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but if Henry/Henrietta/Nathaniel / Natalie, George of any of them lose face then Numatic will send you a new one.:flying:

As I'm typing this Mrs P.A. is sitting behind me sharpening an axe, all I can hear is the sound of the stone scraping over the blade, and her say oooh that's better as it gets sharper.

I'm going to play Be careful with that Axe Eugene by Pink Floyd I think :wavey:

AlanG
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 21:24
Wish it was that simple. She (Natalie) is traumatised but hopefully not beyond redemption.....:ready2go:

t4 chump
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 21:24
if the writing rubs off a mars bar will mars send u another 1?

AlanG
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 21:26
if the writing rubs off a mars bar will mars send u another 1?

That's only likely to happen if you bought it at Arnold Clark as it would have had a very cheap and nasty respray....

t4 chump
Wednesday 26th August 2009, 21:27
do they still sell marathons with a snickers badge crudlly drawn over

roy chu
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 13:51
Lol, I fell off my Chair :wow:

That is amazing,m the stuff aint cheap either.

Excellent find, that made my day.

I am off to get some cotton buds.

T5ER
Wednesday 16th December 2009, 14:23
ok what ever floats his boat lol

EddyP82
Sunday 20th December 2009, 17:37
For those of you with Dysons, they do a service thing, where for £60 iirc they come around, service it, replace any deffective parts, and give you 12 months warranty on the work they do, all parts are included in the price.
Had mine done recently, he fitted a new motor, new pipe, new filters all in for £60, plus I got a very useful thin extending brush for going down the side of the seats in the car for half the price it is anywhere else.

Was really impressed :)