PDA

View Full Version : Yay!! I've got one :)

Hallsy
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 22:40
Finally found myself a T5 today :)

It's a '96 P 855 T5 CD in Pewter Silver (I think).

Driven about 150 miles today and love it :) So, sooo, soooo much nicer than what it's replacing, almost too good to be the dog/dump car!!

All round pretty good condition, stack of receipts, 2 owners from new. Only problems I need to sort are a couple of stonechip/bubbles, and sort out a squeaky circulation fan. Oh, and fix the glovebox catch.

Also, I'm a little annoyed I missed this but it does appear to have a slight oil leak as it left a small patch outside my house. Had a quick look in the dark and looks to be dripping oil from rad, so guessing it could be one of the oil cooler connectiosn leaking, hopefully a nice easy fix. It's also due a service so will give the engine a good clean, replace what's needed and check for any other minor leaks at same time.

Other than the necessaries, it 'needs' a rear spoiler as it doesn't have one for some reason, and it's also missing the load cover which I'd like to replace if I find one cheap. Aircon maybe doesn't blow quite as cold as it should, but maybe the indicated temps are lower than actual temp. I.e. if I set it to 21' it feels hot, but if I turn it down to say 18' it does get colder, but doesn't feel as cold as 18' should - maybe, lol!! One to worry about in the summer!

Overall, very, very happy with it - I'm sure it will prompt a few more threads/posts from me as well!!

cameron
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 22:47
:worthless:

Hallsy
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 23:01
Haha, I knew I'd get that!!

After being out all morning to get it, then getting home, quick change & straight to work I've not had time to get any pics :(

I'll get some pics tomorrow after I've given it a clean, not that it's dirty but it could do with a cut/polish and the black/grey plastics reviving a little. Will probably have a go with some leather dye on the drivers bolster as well, as it's showing some signs of wear.

AndysR
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 23:03
Nice one, looking forward to seeing the pictures :)

iGGy
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 10:49
Bearing in mind that there is a weep hole in the bottom of the intercooler, this can look like oil being dropped.

If it is the oil cooler lines on the radiator then makesure you get new retension clips as the old ones are easily damaged when you take them off, especially as they'll be slightly corroded.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 11:06
Was it worth the wait?

Hallsy
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 11:41
Bearing in mind that there is a weep hole in the bottom of the intercooler, this can look like oil being dropped.

If it is the oil cooler lines on the radiator then makesure you get new retension clips as the old ones are easily damaged when you take them off, especially as they'll be slightly corroded.

Well, it more of a drip than a weep, definately coming down the o/s of the radiator. I'm at work this morning, but once home will take a good look.
If it looks like it's leaking from the cooler connections then I'll pop to Volvo to get some new clips :)

And yes Mrsmopp, it was worth the wait :)

Rob S
Thursday 9th April 2009, 11:03
YAY!!
Well done mate, perserverance was worth it.
Pleased for you, after all that looking.