PDA

View Full Version : suggestions

DaveT4
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 09:21
ive a 2001 t4,had it since december just passed and its completly standard,im goin to change the oil his week and im wondering what oil works best with these engines,also replacing front shocks again id like any suggestions on what has worked best for others

im not sure if i want to go down the road of tuning it as i want to keep it as reliable and usable as possible for now and ive got plenty of tuning going on with my motorbikes as it is but in saying that i would consider a remap on the basis its not going to have the engine running on a knife edge

any and all advice welcome

thanks

Al115
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 11:47
I always got on well with the Koni Sport adjustable shocks and springs on my T4s - assuming you don't mind a hard ride. About £400. An alternative is the Gaz kit which is awesome but about twice the money.

Engine - I tend to use 5W40 synth, or 10W40 synth on older engines. But then I'm probably misinformed :)

DaveT4
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 16:34
sorry should have mentioned there is only 65k mls on the engine so id consider it to be fresh enough,not sure if you are familiar with irish roads but they are not very good for hard suspension,are the standard shocks fitted to the s40 any use in your opinion? they seemed in fairly good conditio when i got the car some 7k mls ago but have deteriorated quite rapidly

AlanG
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 16:57
As far as I'm led to believe Volvo don't recommend fully synthetic. I put 15W40 semi in my T5. HTH...