PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust options for a C70 T5?

Rob_ioClean
Monday 6th April 2009, 21:19
What options do I have?

Should i get CAT back or Full System?

t5 pete
Monday 6th April 2009, 21:35
The down pipe and race cat will be anyhting £500+ then your looking £300 for a custom cat back exhaust.
If your going to keep your car standard'ish i wouldnt bother with the down pipe and race cat.
pete

Rob_ioClean
Monday 6th April 2009, 22:18
Well I love the scooby burble if thats what you call it :)

CAT back I think, anyone recommend anyone?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 6th April 2009, 22:47
Well I love the scooby burble if thats what you call it :)

CAT back I think, anyone recommend anyone?
That kind of swearing in hear is not allowed!

5 pot burble - they're are lots of alternative catback systems. I have a miltec which doesnt really fit at the end (some intervention required) - but sounds great - and utterly pointless me telling you as you cant buy them anymore.

Ferrita is a good make and I have heard good things about and from Jetex.

Liddo
Thursday 9th April 2009, 12:23
I've got a Blueflame system. There based in Skelmersdale in Lancashire, and it was £375 fitted. Its full stainless 2.5" cat back with mandrel bends, and sounds just nice. Ive got a video somewhere, PM me your Email address and I'll send it to you ;)

Liddo
Thursday 9th April 2009, 12:25
Here's one i made earlier. Vid doesnt really do it justice. I dont think it spits that much either, i think its the camera's mic not coping with the buffeting ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaoJgok_xN8

BigV
Sunday 19th April 2009, 07:58
I don't understand the logic behind buying something for £350+ that just makes a car sound nicer?

I think my car needs a new exhaust soon, so I might buy a 'performance' system if the price difference isn't too bad over standard......... but otherwise what is the point of having one?

Power gains are almost certainly minimal and some makes sound like a wet fart under acceleration.

p fandango
Sunday 19th April 2009, 08:21
I don't understand the logic behind buying something for £350+ that just makes a car sound nicer?

I think my car needs a new exhaust soon, so I might buy a 'performance' system if the price difference isn't too bad over standard......... but otherwise what is the point of having one?

Power gains are almost certainly minimal and some makes sound like a wet fart under acceleration.
the standard rear silencer is huge, fitting a performance one free's up the revs quite noticably (the extra noise is just a bonus :beer:)

marky 76
Sunday 19th April 2009, 18:47
i have the said miltec cat back and does sound lovely but a little to quiet for my likeing so removed one of the boxes and now sounds lovely,, i would go for a custom made with one box imho