PDA

View Full Version : dash lights

DaveT4
Monday 6th April 2009, 14:00
ok first off ive had an issue with the intercooler pipe popping off under boost,resolved with a replacment jubilee clip but unfortunatly i think alot of dirt went into the inlet manifold as a result,im not too familiar with car engines as such although i work on motorbikes alot so im quite happy to take a spanner to the car,anyway back on track here i was getting the engine managment light up and brought it back to the dealer i bought it from and from what i could tell he had only reset the light so after covering a couple of hundred miles it was back on and staying on,beforehand it would disappear when car was parked up for more than half an hour,i took of the troublesome pipe and opened the butterfly valve and cleaned out an enormous amount of gunk and the light has now gone off,has this been an issue for anyone else,funnily 9 times out of ten when the management light came on the traction control light would aswell and i was unable to get it off unlesss i switched off the ignition,any help appreciated