PDA

View Full Version : What Model??

dj.mobile
Sunday 5th April 2009, 19:56
A recent purchase of my 1995 T5 estate has left me a little confused. The vehicles handbook says 850 T5 GLE but when checking on line and the V5 the car comes up as a 850 T5 S. The car has 4x electric windows,wood dash,manual air con, front fogs,computer,half leather. Any ideas what it really is??????????

cameron
Sunday 5th April 2009, 20:04
Could be they've replaced the handbook from something else.

People sell the handbooks alone on Fleabay.

dj.mobile
Sunday 5th April 2009, 20:43
Could be possible but all the details in the handbook match the car!!!!

AndysR
Sunday 5th April 2009, 20:54
The thing with Volvo is you can get pretty much all the spec of the top line cars fitted as factory extras on the lead in models. An S is the lead in model however the GLE was at the time top of the range in terms of spec's. A GLE would have full leather, climate control, electric windows all round, cruise control and an 8 speaker SC800 stereo, burr walnut dash, illuminated drivers and passengers vanity mirrors to list a few of the various standard fit items which the others wouldn't have had unless requested at the time of ordering. ;)

PaulZX
Sunday 5th April 2009, 20:58
From what I can gather, most T5's are GLT's, (with variences in equipment) there are a few CD's (which I think are a slighlty higher spec than the GLT's, but GLE ? I thought they did away with the GLE on the 960's....

Where's all the nerdy guys when you need em?

Mrsmopp
Sunday 5th April 2009, 21:00
A T5 can come from the factory as a base model but the first owner may have added a few option from factory. I had a base spec S70 (on paper) but it had every single option available even down to the upgraded stereo system.

Volvostorm
Sunday 5th April 2009, 21:53
The thing with Volvo is you can get pretty much all the spec of the top line cars fitted as factory extras on the lead in models. An S is the lead in model however the GLE was at the time top of the range in terms of spec's. A GLE would have full leather, climate control, electric windows all round, cruise control and an 8 speaker SC800 stereo, burr walnut dash, illuminated drivers and passengers vanity mirrors to list a few of the various standard fit items which the others wouldn't have had unless requested at the time of ordering. ;)

I have an 'S' and its got all those features that you mentioned, guess the first owner got happy with tick boxes :bounce:

AndysR
Sunday 5th April 2009, 23:39
I have an 'S' and its got all those features that you mentioned, guess the first owner got happy with tick boxes :bounce:

Did they also go for the intergrated rear child boost seat? :)

cameron
Sunday 5th April 2009, 23:41
Yes they did :D

My Old car, it had everything even twin front airbags.

Volvostorm
Monday 6th April 2009, 19:38

As Lee just said, yes, it has all that, rear heated seats too (But I need the switches)

AndysR
Monday 6th April 2009, 20:05
As Lee just said, yes, it has all that, rear heated seats too (But I need the switches)

Could you not just get a pair of front seat switches and use those? :)

AndysR
Monday 6th April 2009, 20:06

Nice and cost effective for you then :)

Volvostorm
Monday 6th April 2009, 20:08
Could you not just get a pair of front seat switches and use those? :)

Possibly, I'm never in the back, so not really to bothered! :hilarious

AlanG
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 18:33
They certainly are parts-bin specials. Mine is the CD model but no s/roof or front fog lamps. Neither does it have load adjustable dip beam. It does,however have multi-disc premium sound and twin air-bags. The original bill of sale is in the folder,including met paint and rear spoiler........£28,000!! Makes you wonder....

AndysR
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 21:05
They certainly are parts-bin specials. Mine is the CD model but no s/roof or front fog lamps. Neither does it have load adjustable dip beam. It does,however have multi-disc premium sound and twin air-bags. The original bill of sale is in the folder,including met paint and rear spoiler........£28,000!! Makes you wonder....

Ive noticed alot of R's for sale in the past which don't have the electrically adjustable headlights so I wonder if that was a later thing? Mine's a late N and has it fitted.....

AlanG
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 21:48
Mine is Jan '06 and highly specified.....elec driver's seat,full leather. Seems it's a lottery.

AndysR
Tuesday 7th April 2009, 23:07
Mine is Jan '06 and highly specified.....elec driver's seat,full leather. Seems it's a lottery.

'06? That is a late one! lol :lol:

AlanG
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 02:04
Sorry Jan '96

Cove
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 15:58
Mine is listed as an "S" on the V5. It has fogs, half leather, leccy sunroof, mirrors and front windows. It does also have a CD Changer and some dodgy wood trim on the dash and centre console.

cherry1809
Wednesday 8th April 2009, 16:20
My first one was an 'S' Didn't have bugger all apart from front leccy's and a leccy sunroof.
Current one is a GLE with most bits stated above, plus (or minus) no sunroof.