PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like a tuned T5

AlanG
Saturday 4th April 2009, 18:21
Was out playing today and ran across a Honda Civic Type R. The chap obviously thought he was king of the road. No competition,the T5 ran away and left it. Enough said,I think.....

Wombatbomb
Saturday 4th April 2009, 18:25
That would of been on a straight road I guess......

Rob S
Saturday 4th April 2009, 18:29
Nicely done sir!
It's good to spread the word of the 5!

AlanG
Saturday 4th April 2009, 18:29
Yep!! Still puts a smile on though..

JelT5
Saturday 4th April 2009, 18:30
Yep!! Still puts a smile on though..

yep, it sure does :biggrin:

cherry1809
Sunday 5th April 2009, 15:32
LOL, they're only 200 odd horses with next to no torque.
Nice cars to drive though.

cameron
Sunday 5th April 2009, 17:13
Are they as good as people say these Honda Type R's ?

I absolutely leathered an Integra Type R coming back from huddersfield over the tops through Marsden and Delph.

Started to gain in the bendy's but on the long straights he had no chance :D

AlanG
Sunday 5th April 2009, 17:29
That's why you bought a T5 bud! 197bhp is a lot for a small car but not quite enough. T5s are dial a power,mine has an ecu uprade and an mbc. Guessing about 300bhp,certainly feels like a rocket.

cameron
Sunday 5th April 2009, 17:34
Ooohh Big Claims there ;)

300bhp is a steep claim my friend.

Get her on the RR and get it proven.

Remaps tend to bring T5's with the 304 up to about 250 - 260bhp from what ive seen so with just an mbc on top, which i personally wouldnt do is a big figure too chuck out there.

I hope there is 300bhp i honestly do, but there are people from other forums that come and cause hassle. Be conservative matey and get it proven before people try shooting you down :D

On a lighter note, that road from lochwinnoch to Kilbirnie is a nice wee road to open her up :B_thumb:

PaulZX
Sunday 5th April 2009, 17:36
dial-a-power.... I like that....

I'm dialing some more power out my beast this month. It's all starting to come together nicely for the work to start around the 17th....

There's a guy that drives an audi s4 in coventry who's been very surprised he couldn't shake the fridgemover.... give him dues, he goes round corners fast.....

t5 pete
Sunday 5th April 2009, 17:37
popcorn at the ready lol

cameron
Sunday 5th April 2009, 17:42
Microwave or Fresh Pete ?

Butter or Salt ?

:D

t5 pete
Sunday 5th April 2009, 17:43
Fresh and butter

AlanG
Sunday 5th April 2009, 17:48
Ooohh Big Claims there ;)

300bhp is a steep claim my friend.

Get her on the RR and get it proven.

Remaps tend to bring T5's with the 304 up to about 250 - 260bhp from what ive seen so with just an mbc on top, which i personally wouldnt do is a big figure too chuck out there.

I hope there is 300bhp i honestly do, but there are people from other forums that come and cause hassle. Be conservative matey and get it proven before people try shooting you down :D

On a lighter note, that road from lochwinnoch to Kilbirnie is a nice wee road to open her up :B_thumb:
As I said,Cameron only guessing but more than happy. It's lots of fun. Even if it's only 250,it's enough for me. Spoke at length with Hamish and his estimate for the stage 1 upgrade is 265-270bhp. See no reason to doubt him.
Aye,the A760........!!

kevin lord
Sunday 5th April 2009, 18:36
hi, my name kev lord i own a factory special t5 running 310 bhp i am led to believe it s the only one t5 sport

mikouk
Sunday 5th April 2009, 19:02
Are they as good as people say these Honda Type R's ?

I had one and it was from a driving point of view the best car I've ever driven. It didn't matter about the straight line speed so much as it was so quick round the bends and the power out of corners (at very high revs) was immense! It was great for going out for a b road blast. Everything else however was rubbish. It was incredibly uncomfortable, the sound system was rubbish, it had no gadgets, stupid plastic bits that I kept scraping. Insurance was through the roof and it generally annoyed the hell out of me 95% of the time! The other 5% was great though. Also it was bullet proof mechanically and not a rattle in sight, which considering the suspension setup was a miracle!

AlanG
Sunday 5th April 2009, 19:40
hi, my name kev lord i own a factory special t5 running 310 bhp i am led to believe it s the only one t5 sport

What?? We are all tunning ours and you have this? Have to say,I have never heard of such a car!!

JelT5
Monday 6th April 2009, 07:23
What?? We are all tunning ours and you have this? Have to say,I have never heard of such a car!!

I think this car appeared in another thread when someone here spotted it in Autotrader...

t5lover
Monday 6th April 2009, 09:38
my old girl has got 186tho on the clock and i had ago at ford foucus st and he lefted me a tiny bit but once i got into 3rd and 4th i was going pass him he was not happy at all till i looked down and see my speedeo lol

cherry1809
Monday 6th April 2009, 14:05
ITR's are good cars for what they are. I had a Civic VT (EF) that was lightly modded (170bhp) and kept with my old T5 until about a ton. I was driving the T5 and Bruv was in the Civic, so I wasn't hanging about. Where else can you get that performance and still get 40mpg+ on a run. ITR even manages 38mpg.

t5lover
Monday 6th April 2009, 14:28
Where else can you get that performance and still get 40mpg+ on a run. ITR even manages 38mpg.

very well said mate i wont be changing cars in a hurry i can tell u love mine to bits!!

AlanG
Monday 6th April 2009, 16:12
Itr?

Wombatbomb
Monday 6th April 2009, 16:14
Integra Type R