PDA

View Full Version : the gizmo held on by 2 screws to inner end of air box is?

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 4th April 2009, 13:15
hi just a bit of info please, would i be right in thinking this thing on the end of airbox with 3 pipes of it and one lead is the boost control valve? or am i totally in the wrong??? (be gentle)

p fandango
Saturday 4th April 2009, 13:37
you are correct, its the BCS

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 4th April 2009, 13:41
you are correct, its the BCS

many thanks, guess that will be at least part of the reason the boost guage was'nt getting into the white bit to well. looks like i erm forgot to reconnect the multiplug when i was fitting new PCV yesterday ooppss ;-/ doh!

matt_850
Sunday 5th April 2009, 09:30
My gauge isnt moving at all, Is there a special way the pipes are meant to go into it. I think they are all connected right, but the gauge wont move.

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 5th April 2009, 09:46
My gauge isnt moving at all, Is there a special way the pipes are meant to go into it. I think they are all connected right, but the gauge wont move.

thats a problem i had the other day before this, i found there is a join above the passenger side headlight actually below the cold air intake it had come apart 2 second job once i'd found it. as for the correct fitting of pipes on the bcs yes i would guess that is very important but not sure without looking what it is. but have a look see if you have that join in the thin white plastic pipe by the air intake

matt_850
Sunday 5th April 2009, 09:49
oh ok, ill have to check that out, is that in the rubber vacuum pipe? or the smaller black metal pipe?

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 5th April 2009, 10:05
oh ok, ill have to check that out, is that in the rubber vacuum pipe? or the smaller black metal pipe?

well on mine it's a thin white plastic pipe under the bonnet just above the passenger headlight runs under the air intake that goes from the grill to the airbox

let me know if you need it and i'll try n get a piccy of it

matt_850
Sunday 5th April 2009, 10:10
Ah ok, i think i know the one your talking about. I think mine is the back plastic one, but ill have a play around with it and see how i go.
Thanks

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 5th April 2009, 11:36
Ah ok, i think i know the one your talking about. I think mine is the back plastic one, but ill have a play around with it and see how i go.
Thanks

have attached a piccy of the problem on mine

woz
Sunday 5th April 2009, 14:17
have attached a piccy of the problem on mine
happened to me too - I think its only the feed for the boost gauge, but obviously if open to atmosphere will affect the engine to some extent. Was unnoticeable to me tho. Nice to have something so easy to fix eh?
W

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 5th April 2009, 15:56
happened to me too - I think its only the feed for the boost gauge, but obviously if open to atmosphere will affect the engine to some extent. Was unnoticeable to me tho. Nice to have something so easy to fix eh?
W

yes the feed just for the guage i think your right, just annoying that gauge not working. guess it would make a slight difference to engine if open but i should think minima and never brought up any lights, so as you say nice to have something simple for a change and it did'nt cost ;-)