PDA

View Full Version : For 850R and T5R geeks only

jc850r
Friday 3rd April 2009, 22:26
Hello all, new to this site but not to Volvos.

I have just posted 2 images of a spreadsheet that lists the number, colour, transmission type of these cars in my gallery.
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/album.php?albumid=122

I could make enemies by doing this, but I have done it so that those that own these cars have a better idea of the facts about the number of these cars in the UK...and because it irritates me to see the nonsense written on many Ebay ads for these cars.

Hope the right folk find it interesting and helpful.

If it annoys you, well I am sure you will get over it in time
Cheers,
Jack

Tomcat
Friday 3rd April 2009, 22:37
Might just be me being a little thick but your list doesn't seem to make much sense. The secone list says it's a list of all currrent R's and T5-R's still registered, but then it doesn't list the black ones. The first list makes no sense what so ever, what is it supposed to be saying?.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, why not go and introduce yourself properly?.

Rob S
Friday 3rd April 2009, 22:41
Welcome JC, I'm afraid I can't understand the first one either.....maybe I need another drink (hic)

jc850r
Friday 3rd April 2009, 22:46
Hello, is just the order that images uploaded in. The first bit joins on to the end of the second bit. Will try and sort it out. Go and have another drink then it will all make sense...

Tomcat
Friday 3rd April 2009, 22:57
Well that would make a little more sense, however the listings state 850R and T5?, is it supposed to say T5-R? or is that not listed?...

jc850r
Friday 3rd April 2009, 23:00
Hi, is just how it is stored in the database. 850RT5 instead of 850T5R.

Tomcat
Friday 3rd April 2009, 23:03
Ahh, appologies I'll stop picking now lol, thanks for listing it, it's nice to know I have one of only 23 left on the road.

Jimmie
Friday 3rd April 2009, 23:05
Sorry guys i get this;Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

jc850r
Friday 3rd April 2009, 23:10
Hi, have updated the link to new album. Still uploads in the wrong order no matter what order I upload, if you see what I mean.

Best thing to do is right click on each image and save to your PC. That way you will see the pics in ful res and can sit them side by side for easier viewing.

jc850r
Friday 3rd April 2009, 23:18
No worries Tomcat - I am a nit picker too :o)
I had hoped it would make some people pleased to know that there car is not that common.
I am actually to blame for one lady removing her Turquiose manual R estate from ebay when she realised she was a one in 10.

Big Pete
Saturday 4th April 2009, 07:18
Hello all, new to this site but not to Volvos.

I have just posted 2 images of a spreadsheet that lists the number, colour, transmission type of these cars in my gallery.

I could make enemies by doing this, but I have done it so that those that own these cars have a better idea of the facts about the number of these cars in the UK...and because it irritates me to see the nonsense written on many Ebay ads for these cars.

Hope the right folk find it interesting and helpful.

If it annoys you, well I am sure you will get over it in time
Cheers,
Jack

Nice list, but where does the info come from so we know it is correct?

Saaamon
Saturday 4th April 2009, 10:06
back your claims up!

Alan M
Saturday 4th April 2009, 15:58
Wher did the list come from? The DVLA database? If its true I have just bought one of the last 60 or so Green T5r Estates left on the road in the UK, lol.

jc850r
Saturday 4th April 2009, 17:18
The source of this information is about as reliable as you are likely to get.
Volvos own database might differ slightly from the source of this info but that would most likely be down to frequency of database updates.
It is not in my interest to invent stuff though it is perfectly reasonable to question it.
Getting this type of info is reasonably straight forward... I used my gumption, wrote to the DVLA who informed me that they do not issue car statistics directly but that it could be obtained via one of several DVLA endorsed vehical stastic companies (which they provided me details of) that buy this information for marketing purposes. The list was obtained in February 08 and is an up to date list for year end of 2007.
Hope this heps back up the data to some degree.

polak t5r
Saturday 4th April 2009, 18:56
hi great info i've got a 850 t5r manual saloon so am i right in saying i've got one of 17 or have i read it wrong cheers

jc850r
Saturday 4th April 2009, 21:47
Hi Polak T5R,

If you car is black as it appears to be in your pic, then you are a 1 in 10.
There are 52 manual T5R saloons in total.

Bear in mind that this list is now over a year old. I have seen a at least 2 turquoise Rs (a saloon and estate), 1 red T5R estate, and a few others that I do not recall broken on EBay in the last 6 months.

I hope to get a revised listing within the next few weeks and will update the gallery when i receive it.

Cheers,
Jack

dooby
Saturday 4th April 2009, 21:57
EDIT sorry, crossed posts

According to the spreadsheet, you've either got one of 15 (if it's green) or one of 10 (if it's black) still left on the road. Can't quite tell from your avatar which colour yours is.

HTH, Pete

polak t5r
Saturday 4th April 2009, 21:59
cool mine is green so 1 in 15 which is still good to have, might have second thoughts about getting rid now

st5ve
Saturday 4th April 2009, 22:22
Some great information there, thanks for the info

walter leever
Sunday 5th April 2009, 01:28
Hi Polak T5R,

If you car is black as it appears to be in your pic, then you are a 1 in 10.
There are 52 manual T5R saloons in total.

Bear in mind that this list is now over a year old. I have seen a at least 2 turquoise Rs (a saloon and estate), 1 red T5R estate, and a few others that I do not recall broken on EBay in the last 6 months.

I hope to get a revised listing within the next few weeks and will update the gallery when i receive it.

Cheers,
Jack

If you have seen a red T5-R,you should have bought it,it's the only 1 around

in the world.(yellow,green and black were the only 3 colours):smileypul

polak t5r
Sunday 5th April 2009, 09:55
cheers for the info got a even bigger smile on my face now i know i'm in the 15 club

AndysR
Sunday 5th April 2009, 13:15
Can't be bad mine's 1 in 7 total and 1 in 5 that are taxed :flying:

jc850r
Sunday 5th April 2009, 14:10
My mistake Walter Lever,
the red car was an 850R on ebay recently - might still be there - the guy was selling the engine for about £650.
Thanks for pointing it out.