PDA

View Full Version : Lots Of Questions?????????????

Mental Wealth Doctor
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 17:32
Found a t5r dash for my car , just wondered had anyone else removed or replaced their's? really dont like the plastic look of the interior, advice would be most welcome on removal and fitting ??? cheers

what things should i check when looking at v70r? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290304571387, shes got a few miles but ive heard many of u say u got loads of miles on these ovlov's, an i guess i could swap any decent bits off mine,
yeh transfer box i know is one, abs tracs, mayonaise for oil another, cam belt,.
anything else i should check or ive missed ?

IPD anti roll bars who's got them fitted ? do u rate them ? / are they worth the wonga? will they fit my car/96. 855 awdhttp://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_187_963&products_id=6129

are 215's the widest wheel u can have without rubbing?

Tomcat
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 18:35
Replacing the Dash is a BIG job, I took mine out on an old ex police 850 I used to own, however, it's not impossible. Better allow at least a couple of days to accomplish it.

PaulZX
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 18:41
sign of the times... I used to be able to take out the entire dash of a Sierra and have it back in and driving away, an hour later....

I look at the Volvo dash and hope I never have to.....

p fandango
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 18:43
the top of the dash is quite easy to get off, but the lower half is a right pain

cherry1809
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 19:29
the top of the dash is quite easy to get off, but the lower half is a right pain

Thats good to know. My LED has stopped working and I need to program in some new remote locking fobs.

Tomcat
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 20:43
If you work out an easy way of changing the LED let me know, mines knackered too, even removing the top of the dash gives you no more access to it, and the lead is tiny.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 23:26
The LED thing just prises out with a screwdriver (carefully), and theres a wiring connector on the back of it.

mk3phill
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 23:36
i must have done somethin wrong... i got my entire dash and center console out my estate earlier in bout 40min... along wit the whole wireing dash,.altho i did have no clocks an my steering wheel had been removed few weeks ago... was suprised though only 4bolts in engine bay and 2 screws inside hold the dash in

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 00:02
I thought that too Phil, I checked my manual, an it doesn't look too hard. I've had the dash out of a 940, now that was hard!

mk3phill
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 00:30
haha,.. should try gettin a dash out of a 91 polo... same bolts as 850 dash.. same placement but then another 6hidden.

anyway..MWD... as for removal.. get the top half of dash off.. take out clocks(weight advantage),. remove the ash tray compartment two torx either side of tray..the 4bolts under scuttle tray and two at bottom corner of dash by doors. and it should come off without removin the steering wheel or center console.

correct me if im wrong anyone

Tomcat
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 09:00
From memory I'm pretty sure the steering wheel needs to come off.

Mental Wealth Doctor
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 21:51
sounds like a right pavlova
lol

Mental Wealth Doctor
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 21:52
anyone got ipd anti roll kit fitted??