PDA

View Full Version : correct plugs

Dan850T5
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 09:54
hey all

Can anyone advise me on the correct plugs for my t5? I have platinum tipped ngk at the moment with 0.7mm gap yet over on volvospeed i have been advised that platinum tipped arent correct?

t5 pete
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 11:07
I have ngk platinum on my t5 with no problems why have they said there wrong for your car?

Dan850T5
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 13:52
not sure mate, as an american site would they have different requirements as the fuel grade is different? ive bought a set anyway

t5 pete
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 16:18
Havent got a clue but the platum are good plugs and ill always use them

cameron
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 17:08
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21137&highlight=spark+plugs

I have these plugs on mine follow the Ebay linky.

£55 on Ebay but i got them for £45.

People say the origonal plugs are really good but i had to buy the NGK PLATINUM PLUGS.

I have noticed the car runs a lot smoother but maybe thats cause my plugs ( origonal Volvo ) were absolutely knackered.

The origonal T5 plugs can be had off of simon ( RUFE ) for under £30 delivered.

Personal choice at the end of the day.

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 17:20
have used NGK platinums for well over a year they are fine as far as i can tell,thats in an lpg converted car. but would think the proper volvo platinums are just as good?

Dan850T5
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 17:46
Cheers guys. I had the NGK platinums in before but the Problem i had with oil in the combustion chamber obviously fouled them so never really got chance to see if they were anygood. Will do plugs and leads tonight

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 19:00
Cheers guys. I had the NGK platinums in before but the Problem i had with oil in the combustion chamber obviously fouled them so never really got chance to see if they were anygood. Will do plugs and leads tonight

oil in combustion chamber? that must be the valve guide seals leaking???
try a tube of FORTE SEAL CONDITIONER bout £12 marvellous stuff