PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten???

AlanG
Monday 30th March 2009, 00:21
My first decent Volvo was a 1989 F 360GLE 5 door in grey. £130 with 3 months mot and tax.Passed 1st time when tested. It had e/w,c/l,steel sliding roof,alloys and holds a lot of memories. As far as I know it is still used on a farm by school kids to get from the farmhouse to the road to meet their bus!! 20years and still going strong. Not just the Swedish built cars with a 23 year life expectancy then. I'd have kept it if I had had the space. Don't see much about these cars on here,have they all gone?

PaulZX
Monday 30th March 2009, 00:33
There's still a few kickin about on here...

AlanG
Monday 30th March 2009, 01:12
Always wanted a GLT. Missed a 60k minter just before I bought my first 850. Hope whoever got it is still looking after it. Was red with full history and an absolute picture.....Never mind,got chipped T5 now and couldn't be more pleased with it.

SyKo
Monday 30th March 2009, 12:21
i've still seen my grandads original 240gle rolling around where i live. he sold it about 18 years ago with 200k on the clock, still going after one head gasketc hange 60k ago according to the owner, with a whopping 450k on the clock, immense! i want the car back though, i did offer him for it but he wouldnt accept. i was majorly upset. i will get it back eventually!

AlanG
Monday 30th March 2009, 15:19
Possibly when he passes over! Get the impression he likes his car.......still,if you don't ask..