PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 alarm

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 29th March 2009, 12:00
hi would appreciate some help with my alarm (s) 2 cars.
the problem one seems to be the later 95 i cant seem to program a new fob, the old one got wet ;-/ and now seems to have a mind of it's own. done the on and of with the ignition bit but to no avail, now when i do the 5 times on of bit on my earlier 95 the led light on dash comes on i press the remote button job done. now the alarm relays are different both in colour and number on the top the troublesome one has the number 210 211 and it's black the other one is orange cant remember number. the remotes all look the same but is there a way to tell em apart part numbers etc? i guess i'm going to need a couple of remotes for the black 210 211 alarm relay? but why does'nt led light stay on to program new remote? could the alarm relay have got stuffed when the remote got wet? any help would be much appreciated ta guys. gareth

bit of an update seems they both have the number 210 211 but one is orange and as earlier one is black the black one being the one giving me problems.

AlanG
Sunday 29th March 2009, 20:50
No expert but they don't like the wet. Saw some fobs on flea bay,ones with the panic button which is the same as mine ('96). They weren't dear.Very much doubt the relay is in question. Hope this helps.

5seaterT5x2
Monday 30th March 2009, 20:40
No expert but they don't like the wet. Saw some fobs on flea bay,ones with the panic button which is the same as mine ('96). They weren't dear.Very much doubt the relay is in question. Hope this helps.

thanks no i guess not ;-/. thing is i cant get the led to light up after doin the ignition on and of 5 times bit etc to reprogram a replacement remote fob ;-/ guess i'll have to assume getting fob wet caused some sorta problem in the alarm relay gizmo ;-/

AlanG
Monday 30th March 2009, 22:09
Sorry buddy,just goin the common sense route. I'm sure someone on here will clear this up for you. Good luck!

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 10:53
Sorry buddy,just goin the common sense route. I'm sure someone on here will clear this up for you. Good luck!

Cheers Gareth.

orse
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 12:55
I,v recently just sorted my alarm/remote locking on my '97 850r.Had no led on dash and central locking only worked by key in the lock.I disconnected the main car battery to reset the alarm module/relay unplugging the relay would have same effect,should think.Disconnected it for 15mins ish.Then programmed the remote as per instructions(ignition from pos 1 to pos 2 5times leaving it on pos 2 on the fifth time)pressed my remote and my led did not flash to say it had programmed but it had and is still working(touch wood).Hope this helps

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 17:18
I,v recently just sorted my alarm/remote locking on my '97 850r.Had no led on dash and central locking only worked by key in the lock.I disconnected the main car battery to reset the alarm module/relay unplugging the relay would have same effect,should think.Disconnected it for 15mins ish.Then programmed the remote as per instructions(ignition from pos 1 to pos 2 5times leaving it on pos 2 on the fifth time)pressed my remote and my led did not flash to say it had programmed but it had and is still working(touch wood).Hope this helps

just bin out n tried it again 5 times on and of etc no led light, no programming of new remote ;-/ poo. i know the remote i'm using is fine cos it worked on me other car so i guess it's gotta be alarm relay?

orse
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 22:24
Apologises 5seaterT5x2 just read ur post properly.The remote from the orange relay vehicle will not work on the black relay vehicle.The remotes look the same but there are different part numbers for each one.Different frequencys i believe.If you pull the black alarm relay out there will be a part number on the side.If the part number is 9166157 on the relay then you need a fob with the part number of 9442981.

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 23:17
Apologises 5seaterT5x2 just read ur post properly.The remote from the orange relay vehicle will not work on the black relay vehicle.The remotes look the same but there are different part numbers for each one.Different frequencys i believe.If you pull the black alarm relay out there will be a part number on the side.If the part number is 9166157 on the relay then you need a fob with the part number of 9442981.

Oh ok but should'nt i still get the led light up when i do the 5 times on of bit?

And also where do i find the part number on the various fobs? ;-/

orse
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 10:36
Not sure about the led light.That only signals to you the remote has programed if it doesn,t programe then no led light.My led light wasn,t flashing or anything i presume somehow previous i managed to turn the alarm off or just confuse it :).Thats why i disconnected the car battery just to drain all power and give everything chance to reset.I believe there are only two fobs/part numbers available with the remote with the panic button.One is as i posted previous i didn,t write down the other but i found them hunting on the search on this forum.I,ll see if i can find it again.