PDA

View Full Version : V70 Tyres

mark1
Saturday 28th March 2009, 22:40
I put a deposit on a set of 18" Pegasus alloys, but debating what tyres to fit.
I'm trying to get a good compromise of wet/dry grip/ wear and price.
What do you think of Avon ZZ3's?

Thanks,
Mark.

v70torslanda
Monday 30th March 2009, 22:07
I like Falkens for grip and wear. Wet weather grip is OK, you're more limited by front wheel drive and 2 tons of Volvo. ie It's F**kin' big'n'eavy!

ZE 912 in 94YXL or FK452 in a similar load/speed rating. IME it is the load rating that is more important than the speed rating, especially on the front as the lower rated tyres 88-92 the sidewalls tend to go baggy and the tyre is out of shape long before it has worn out.

Don't expect any more than 12k from the fronts, if you have front wheel drive, and you will probably replace the fronts 3 times before the rears wear out.

Have bought before and can thoroughly recommend:

http://www.camskill.co.uk

Cracking prices and service that is second to none.

Babybadger
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 02:22
Go vredestein sportrac3 or better are ultracs, you wont regret it. The dutch seemed to have a good compromise in compound between wet greasy roads, and hard wearing tyres. Needless to say they grip just as well in the dry.

mark1
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 22:59
Thanks for your replys guys.
I've got them tonight...and they look great.
I went with the Avons, as I've used them on previous cars and they seemed a pretty good tyre.
I'll post some pictures up...for a 2.4T it's not far off a T5. It goes really well and when I get the rear spoiler on Friday, It'll add the finishing touch.

Mark.

Al115
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 08:54
I use the Avons on my T4 "runabout" wheels and they are a pretty good compromise of budget and performance for me.

lance
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 13:49
Ive just bought some uniroyal rain sport 2s 17s for just £62 + vat per corner and there very good at getting the power down.

mark1
Thursday 2nd April 2009, 22:58
Ive just bought some uniroyal rain sport 2s 17s for just £62 + vat per corner and there very good at getting the power down.

Where did you find them...
That what I wanted, but they were an extra £30 a corner.
I went for the Avon with 18" pegasus alloys for £780 fitted with lockers.
Really pleased with them.
I'll get a photo tomorrow, and post it up.