PDA

View Full Version : MTE upgrade - V70 T5 2005

dave13
Friday 27th March 2009, 22:22
I have just installed the MTE upgrade from Don @ kalmar union into my 2005 v70 T5
I must say I am very happy with the results.

Don was very helpful indeed and I would recomend to anybody.

Turkish
Saturday 28th March 2009, 10:03
Must be a fun powerful car now. :-) What BHP and torque figures were you quoted, are you planning to put it on a Dyno ?

How does it feel pulling up the top end to the red line ?

wegal
Saturday 28th March 2009, 10:21
Its a nice map the MTE one.

dave13
Saturday 28th March 2009, 16:15
I was quote best results of up to 330bhp, pulls better a low revs than standard, when it reaches 4000rpm it pulls like a train up to red line in every gear puts a smile on my face every time.

As anybody tried the water injection mod on the T5s ????? what sort of increase can be gained ????

Turkish
Saturday 28th March 2009, 17:56
I was quote best results of up to 330bhp, pulls better a low revs than standard, when it reaches 4000rpm it pulls like a train up to red line in every gear puts a smile on my face every time.

As anybody tried the water injection mod on the T5s ????? what sort of increase can be gained ????

I had a Water/Methanol Injection kit fitted to my old Stage 2 Bora TDI, Cant say it increased performance, but did decrease smoke outputs which is why I bought it anyway. I ran a 30% methanol mix. They might perform better on the Petrol T5's though.

wegal
Sunday 29th March 2009, 09:22
Wont get much BHP increase with water, but will help cool the charge and prevent the engine retarding timing to prevent knock, supposed to make it much smoother, did you have the stage one or stage two and did you have the torque limiter deleted ?

dave13
Sunday 29th March 2009, 19:21
had the stage 1, mine is the 6 speed manual box

Got a problem with starter motor just clicking when trying to start, I have had battery tested and its fine, as anybody changed a starter on a 2005 model v70 how difficult can it be?