PDA

View Full Version : These Volvo's are tough are nt they?

Rob S
Thursday 26th March 2009, 23:19
Had a "moment" this morning when I reversed at walking pace straight into a solid metal barrier at work:redface: due to me being a knob and not getting enough sleep for the last week. The car crunched to a halt and when I got out, expecting to see the corner pushed in, saw about 3 inches of scuff, and some scratched/cracked paint on the bumper. All the metal work is fine!
Heavy= strong!
Happy days

Mrsmopp
Friday 27th March 2009, 09:46
They are amazingly tough - I've had the odd scrape over the years and always been surprised at just how well they stand up to a shunt

T5arrrgghh
Friday 27th March 2009, 11:51
i had a t5 estate about 5 years ago and was reversing up my drive not really concentrating (had just lost my mum) bit faster than walking speed glanced in rear view mirror to see the wheelie bin coming through the back window!!! pulled forward and thought how much is this gonna cost! turned out just a new rear window no marks or anything on the rest of the boot or bumper! got window on insurance but front had a whacking big chip in it so got that done on same window claim guy said 'so the bin broke the front window as well?'

dave stew
Friday 27th March 2009, 12:09
I had a toilet break the rear side window on mine a few years ago. Clock the blue plastic bag...

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0190/DSC01385.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0190/DSC01385)

gtiteen
Friday 27th March 2009, 12:30
Never damaged any of my volvos :) (although i will keep quiet about the bmw lol). Although some tool did scrape the rear bumper of my 1st one when id been away in america for a few weeks, one just hope their car came of worse.

T5arrrgghh
Friday 27th March 2009, 15:40
probably written off!

Cali-T5
Friday 27th March 2009, 20:06
This is my 70mph crash.

Granted it would of cost £6000+ to fix, BUT imagine if i was in anything smaller, i would of lost my legs, or worse, been killed

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/12/57/56/39/photo012.jpg

cameron
Friday 27th March 2009, 20:53
Tough isnt the word for the mighty Ovlov's

I went into a wall backwards ( the brake hose split dumping all the fluid on the floor ) so i spun the car round as not to damage the " expensive " end and flattened a brick wall :doh:

There wasn't a mark on the bumper not even a scrape, however the wheel didnt have as much luck, big chunk out the alloy :mad: and the rear axle had moved forward on one side about 30mm.

The insurance classed it as cat d so i got the car back and broke it then sold the shell.

Happy days and now i have my HLM'D T5 :)

So all worked out for the best :B_thumb:

gazjacko
Friday 27th March 2009, 22:16
I bounced a deer off my 850 with barely a scratch, and years ago I received a phonecall from my insurance company asking why I hadn't reported the accident I'd had the previous week with a Metro. I had to confess that I had exchanged details with the driver (it was her fault as I was stationary when she drove into the 240 GLT Estate). However once she'd removed her car from my bumper (N/side door, rear arch and bumper) all I had to do was t-cut out the paint she'd left!!!!

Mental Wealth Doctor
Saturday 28th March 2009, 22:17
took out large section of fence left a telegraph pole on a 45% angle, new radiator bonnet sledge hammer and tracking later happy days , that was back in my younger dafter standard 850 dayz te he