PDA

View Full Version : New Brakes.

v70torslanda
Wednesday 25th March 2009, 23:10
So. Finally I managed to get the car in to the garage to have new discs and pads fitted and an oil change. The discs could have gone on but I'd done 60k on the front pads and a pair of discs was so cheap it wasn't worth bothering. Besides, the discs were the originals and the car's getting old now, it's done over 107k.

Anyway, tentatively bedding in the new discs, it suddenly struck me that I hadn't realised just how bad the brakes had been. You think about stopping, it stops. No drama, no judder, no scrawping - nothing. Standard 286mm discs, Textar pads. I'll let you know how we progress, I'm not expecting 60k and if I hadn't seen it on my own car I would find it quite hard to believe.

luv'n'stuff

J

Davew
Thursday 26th March 2009, 09:13
I did exactly the same this week and have to agree. New disks (305mm)pads and fluid change. all genuine volvo. Sooo much better than before.

I think the fluid change made the biggest difference though.

cornclose
Thursday 26th March 2009, 11:20
Sounds good John. Brake fluid change is next for me, then if I'm not suitably impressed, it'll be new discs and pads all round too. Let us know how those Textar pads work out longer term...

v70torslanda
Thursday 26th March 2009, 20:50
I've sold Textar pads for the last 14 years, on and off, for Porsches, BMs, Mercs and all sorts of other cars. Quality that you can't knock and I don't remember a warranty claim.

J