PDA

View Full Version : Preformance reduced mode - help required

exfuzzyt5
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 19:52
Bit of a major problem - V70 T5 - P2 - driving the car under resanoable accelerartion yesterday morning - second gear pulling about 5 k rpm - car suddenly died - displaying 'Performance reduced' and also something like 'Engine system service' its not come up again and I did fully catch what it was displaying

However I presume the car is in limp home mode - dispalying fault codes

P1603
P1608
P1613

My mate who works for the AA had a look and cleared the codes and I've disconnected battery for 2 hours - car runs with 'Performance reduced' still displayed and won't rev at all - hunting on tickover badly - we also checked the throttle position sensor as I felt I had an issue with that anyway - readout was displaying 0.0% through the rev range

Disconnected TPS - still showing 0.0% throttle with no change at all to idle and hunting badly

Your thoughts would be greatly appriciated

wegal
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 21:15
This happened on mine, at first they thought it was the throttle position sensor so changed that... no joy. Turned out to be a blown ecu.

I hope for your sake its not that or the car is still under warrenty mine was fortunately but i still signed off on £1400 bill for the new ecu ...