PDA

View Full Version : 19T Group Buy?

George @ VPTuning
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 13:48
Hello,

Since I'll be visiting the London area towards the end of the month, I was wondering if any Volvo owners were interested in me bringing some 19T turbo's with me? I understand they are much more expensive in the UK than in the States, and I don't mind bringing a few with me. Please let me know.

Justin
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 13:51
What sort of price would we be looking at mate ?

:welcome: and my little bit of the internet, a pleasure to have you as a member ;)

George @ VPTuning
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 13:55
Thanks for the welcome. You seem like a friendly bunch.

We are talking $1000USD for the turbo, no core charge.

Murphy
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 13:57
That is a bargin ! [£545] - http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

Justin
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 14:00
Not bad :D

George @ VPTuning
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 14:02
I know it's a bargain for you UK owners, that's why I offered it!

I would bring some Pegasus wheels as well, but they weigh a ton and I'd have to put them in the cargo shipment.

If there are parts from the states you would like, please let me know.

BrightonBreezy
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 14:05
I might be up for one of those.
Can I get any sort of rebate for my current unit?

George @ VPTuning
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 14:16
I might be up for one of those.
Can I get any sort of rebate for my current unit?

BrightonBreezy,

Unfortunately I can't accept core charges for your existing turbo. Volvo NA will only give credit on identical turbos.

mulletboy2
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 14:24
Out of interest, what would it cost to get these fitted, and any remaps etc.. done as necessary by our friends at VT?

George @ VPTuning
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 14:32
I know RICA (and VT) will be able to accomodate an ECU program for the 19T. Not sure if VT does installs, I personally don't know enough about their service, but I hope to meet up with the crew at VT as well! How far are they from London area?

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 14:37
VT are around an hour and a half away from London in moderate traffic.

x

mulletboy2
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 14:43
Sorry George, that question wasn't aimed at you, but at the rest of the forum members (particularly Justin/Mrsmopp/those who have already gone down the 19T route).

VT offer an upgrade package to the 19T, and I think they will carry out the work if the turbo is sourced elsewhere, although may not offer warranty.. I was just curious what sort of price difference we were talking about if the turbo is bought from yourself, but the work carried out by them. Not that I can afford it anyway, mind you :D

A 19T would probably make a good paperweight until I could though...

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 17:16
Yeah but the 19T is only part of the story & £545 is about the same as it is over here (but don't quote me).

Justin
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 17:22
I was thinking the same wobbly, then a down pipe, gaskets and fitting, then diagnostics and dyno time, not to mention the software remap :B_steerin

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 17:26
No disrespect to Spesh but that 19T on his seems to break stuff more frequently than I would like. You have to know what you are doing and without the tuning you are better off with the regular 15G or 16T turbos.

mulletboy2
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 17:56
*doesn't follow who Dave's talking to* No one mentioned buying a 19T and then not getting it fitted/mapped/etc... properly. I was curious as to the price difference, and would expect to see atleast /some/ saving from buying the turbo abroad - if not, hey, does no harm to ask :)

After_Shock
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 18:10
Dave how many 19T's do you know of to have caused problems, the only car ive heard of is spesh's and that was only running a 304bhp map so less likely to be because of the turbo and more the fact that it wasnt mapped to run it?

I ran one for about 12months hard and didnt have a squeak of a problem, apart from the obligatory sensors that Volvos seem to get through, but nothing related to the 19T.

If you trade in a std turbo against a 19T then it will work out about the same price, but thats trading it in. I sold my 16T for about £150 on E-bay if my memory is correct, could have been more but it went that long ago!

George @ VPTuning
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 18:25
Back on topic...

Turns out there is only 1 19T in the US right now, so I will be getting that shipped to me ASAP. Who wants it?

pault5
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 19:00
Back on topic...

Turns out there is only 1 19T in the US right now, so I will be getting that shipped to me ASAP. Who wants it?

P.M. sent

George @ VPTuning
Thursday 19th May 2005, 21:39
Only 1 has been vouched for, so far. If you are interested in a 19T, please let me know so I can plan accordingly.

grumpybob
Friday 20th May 2005, 16:44
Hi George

I would be interested in the carbon fibre stuff if you were bringing anything accross with you.

Bob

George @ VPTuning
Friday 20th May 2005, 18:06
I have in stock only 1 or 2 spark plug covers in standard CF. I'll bring these with me too for anyone who's interested.