PDA

View Full Version : lambda light on 850R

Bob France
Friday 20th March 2009, 22:45
Yesterday I changed the oil seal that sits behind the cam position sensor.While we had the air box off[don't ask]we steam cleaned the excess oil off the back of the engine the chassis and cross member to establish where the leak was actually coming from[this was a first time I had seen this problem].After replacing seal,and restarting, the lambda light appeared and has stayed on since.
We did start the engine without the maf plug connected at one point,could this be the problem,and if so, how do I get the light off again.Any ideas please,
thanks, Bob

vincent32
Friday 20th March 2009, 23:49
Sometimes these lights i.e mixture & electric fault codes as says in a volvo 850 manual .
These sometimes reset themselves but if not can be done in any garage fairly cheap .if not you can buy reset box from ebay
or better still remove the bulb from the clocks

MrMopp
Saturday 21st March 2009, 08:27
Sometimes these lights i.e mixture & electric fault codes as says in a volvo 850 manual .
These sometimes reset themselves but if not can be done in any garage fairly cheap .if not you can buy reset box from ebay

Must remember never buy a car off you lol , taking bulbs out of warning lights is the ultimate dodgy (repair) IMHO .

Alan M
Saturday 21st March 2009, 10:35
Removing the light will not cure the problem. Get the codes read then reset the faults. You could try unplugging the ECU for a few hours to see if code resets itself.

Bob France
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 00:20
thanks for info people,where can I buy a fault code reader?Mine is an850R with the connector plug under the coin holder by the gear stick.

cameron
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 00:23
OBDII Port readers are pretty cheap about £25, not sure about Euros though.

Try Fleabay or Parts For Volvo online

t5 pete
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 21:37

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious QUALITY

My lamba light came on once when i forgot to plug the maf back in but it went out if there isnt a problem i would think it will turn off in time myne did i did read some where it takes a few stops and starts for the computer to learn that the proble has gone.
pete