PDA

View Full Version : ive got problems

nathT5
Friday 20th March 2009, 20:28
only 3 at the moment.

blue smoke, oil from the MBC, oil blowing from the DV, knackered turbo???
car runs flat until 4K revs in all gears then picks up, i think its electrical, any ideas???
NSF anti roll bar drop link snapped off, i can sort that one...

Tomcat
Friday 20th March 2009, 21:36
ER..........sounds like the turbo to me, but I'm only guessing. Your not having much luck lately are you?.

nathT5
Friday 20th March 2009, 22:04
ER..........sounds like the turbo to me, but I'm only guessing. Your not having much luck lately are you?.

i,m not too bothered (yet) its still running fine and not using much oil strangely.
any ideas on the electrical/sensor thing? airflow meter, lambda or something?

Tomcat
Saturday 21st March 2009, 07:38
I'd say it could be the Lambda, it's probably over fueling, can you get the codes read?, that'll give you a better idea of where to start.

MrMopp
Saturday 21st March 2009, 08:21
Sounds like your turbos shot nath , sounds like the oil thats burning is screwing with your emissions and confusing the ecu on your fuelling ratios .

888dee
Saturday 21st March 2009, 08:55
aw poo mate, bit of a downer mate, hope it's repairable without to much of a pain in the wallet

nathT5
Saturday 21st March 2009, 11:36
just been to fill up and now the running problem seems to have gone.
i remember its done this quite alot when the tanks been low.
it must be some sort of fuel starvation when the g-force sends the fuel to the back.

need to fill up more often :eek:

btw, the tempremental fuel cap lock made me look a right DIV again at the garage.

james
Saturday 21st March 2009, 14:19
hi nath u can buy the part to fix the locking mechanism on fuel cap you can get one for about a tenner on ebay.i changed mine but luckily for me mine stopped working and was allways left open which i got a locking petrol cap for because in the past somebody put diesel in my mr2 when the mechanism went on that. anways its a bit of a drag to get to it. the boot back trim needs to come off and the rear seats if you have them and the right interior panel as you look in the car needs to be removed and all will be revealed.be carefull when removing the plastics from around the boot.if you have propper trim removers use them , best regards james

siamblue
Saturday 21st March 2009, 16:16
Have you got the ARB fixed yet?

as i have one here from a V70 T5 if it is the same,

Gary

nathT5
Saturday 21st March 2009, 18:44
Have you got the ARB fixed yet?

as i have one here from a V70 T5 if it is the same,

Gary

no i havent looked around for one as yet.
if it is the same, is it new and how much do you want for it with postage?

anyone know if a v70 and 850 share these parts?

siamblue
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 00:47
They will be the same, IIRC the V70 one is thicker so stronger, it is still on the car so will have to check the condition of it first, pm me to remind me if i don't get back to you

Gary

Babybadger
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 17:47
I'd say it could be the Lambda, it's probably over fueling, can you get the codes read?, that'll give you a better idea of where to start.

Blue smoke is oil, brown or black smoke is overfuelling, white smoke is the dreaded water.....

nathT5
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 20:43
Blue smoke is oil, brown or black smoke is overfuelling, white smoke is the dreaded water.....

i think tomcat was refering to the running rough up to 4K problem, not the smoke.
this is now sorted by filling up, only does it when the tanks below 1/4.
where,s the fuel pick-up pipe, is it located at the front?
its as though the fuel goes to the back when booted and it gets starvation.
does,nt do do it when taking it easy.

Alan M
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 22:00
White smoke from the exhaust can also denote a turbo oil seal failure with unburnt oil entering the exhaust system and burning off due to the heat in the exhaust, creating white smoke.

Saaamon
Tuesday 24th March 2009, 21:36
Take the inlet pipe off and feel for play in the shaft, gives you an idea of things. To be honest though i would worry about a little bit of oil, you have to expect a small amount and anyway it will atleast keep your D/V from seizing up ;)