PDA

View Full Version : Short and curlys

Anaheimduck
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 13:09
This hurts 50,000 mile vehicle just been dianosed with a throttle body problem £650 rough bill for a small piece of eletronic equipment more than likely made for a couple of quid somewhere just to put fuel into the engine.Why cant we have the old throttle cable back for a fiver.
Sorry I just feel that way today,or perhaps its just me.

Tired and fed up

Colin

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 17:21
Sorry to hear that. These ETM's seem to cause a lot of grief on the phase 2s. Siamblue posted something about the backlash against Volvo in America because of the high failure rates.

dicky b t5
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 17:56
Can you not go down the second hand route ..?

George @ VPTuning
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 18:03
I may be able to bring along the new style ETM's if you are interested.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 18:50
i had the same problem in march

Anaheimduck
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 22:19
Can you not go down the second hand route ..?

HI

I dont think so something about the software download needed from Sweden

Anaheimduck
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 22:58
Sorry to hear that. These ETM's seem to cause a lot of grief on the phase 2s. Siamblue posted something about the backlash against Volvo in America because of the high failure rates.

Hi
Yeah I have just been on the site American lawyers are on their case apparently if you shout loud enough Volvo replace it for free thats over there I dont know about the UK They say Volvo have changed suppliers from the year 2002 onwards,have you heard anything

Colin

Anaheimduck
Wednesday 18th May 2005, 23:00
I may be able to bring along the new style ETM's if you are interested.

Hi
Thanks for the offer I dont know how I would get around the software upgrade needed also I think the car will be finished tomorrow

Regards
Colin