PDA

View Full Version : PCV bu**ered?

Babybadger
Friday 20th March 2009, 10:47
Is this what happens when the PCV needs doing? Only just noticed it, car has been sitting for a while.....

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/Babybadger/?action=view&current=DSCN0857.flv

(how do you embed video???)

flyingbrick
Friday 20th March 2009, 11:19
Hmmmmmmmmm not good........

Had my PCV replaced last friday mate.......

5seaterT5x2
Friday 20th March 2009, 12:00
does'nt look to healthy, PCV is not a terrible job to sort thing bits are about £60/65. fiddly ish to fit but no real drama dun mine last year

Tomcat
Friday 20th March 2009, 18:11
Get it done, the last thing you want is for the Rear main oil seal to go, mine went and it cost me a small fortune to get it replaced.

Babybadger
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 17:57
Does engine flush help alleviate this problem or is it a change or risk it job. Would this have blown the turbo oil return seal? Have oil dripping from where the engine and gearbox meet, but not dumping puddles of oil on the floor, just drips, so can't be the RMS, as people say this leaves puddles under the car!

cameron
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 18:40
Im having my PCV replaced this Friday, i have similar oil leak problems so will be interesting to see what happens afterwards. I'll keep you posted :)

Babybadger
Sunday 22nd March 2009, 22:30
Im having my PCV replaced this Friday, i have similar oil leak problems so will be interesting to see what happens afterwards. I'll keep you posted :)

Please do , sleep is being lost here.......

I am on the verge of breaking mine as it is a LHD.....