PDA

View Full Version : Phase 2 front strut brace

RobbieH
Thursday 19th March 2009, 13:30
There's a thread started on T5D5 to look at getting hold of a proper front strut brace for S60/V70 phase 2 models.

See http://forums.t5d5.org/index.php?showtopic=6545&st=0

Anyone interested?

wegal
Thursday 19th March 2009, 13:40
There are already some available from the states, there is also the engine strut bar conversion which you can DIY or get from quick brick motorsports.

Probably not worth the effort of getting one done. The other thing is that if you fit a strut brace and dont lose the two rubber bushes on the enigine support bar then every time you hit the go peddle hard the engine bar will move back and hit the strut brace which i imagine wont sound to good.

cornclose
Thursday 19th March 2009, 22:10
Am I being daft - I can't seem to find part no. UR-TW2-192 ?

thebadger
Saturday 21st March 2009, 17:43
I'd be keen to get one, but the bar will probably cost more than its true value (manuf wise) and if it's via the states the postage will easily double the value to pay!

Like the look of the under bracing! I imagine the same again for thoes bits too! Way over the potential budget! But I would like a price... I can always flog some pro audio gear! :rolleyes:

Has anyone mentioned a cost yet Robbie?

RobbieH
Saturday 21st March 2009, 18:44
I'd be keen to get one, but the bar will probably cost more than its true value (manuf wise) and if it's via the states the postage will easily double the value to pay!

Like the look of the under bracing! I imagine the same again for thoes bits too! Way over the potential budget! But I would like a price... I can always flog some pro audio gear! :rolleyes:

Has anyone mentioned a cost yet Robbie?

No mention of the cost yet. But pyaap indicates he can use contacts in Malaysia to help with shipping and , as with any group buy, the more that sign up the better the price might be. Just put your name down with "price dependent" as me, Dream3r and cornclose have done.
Note the deadline for "orders", i.e interest is the 27th March.

thebadger
Monday 23rd March 2009, 00:08
I do like the idea, could you put me down for a "price dependent" interest.

I would like one, as the conversion has been a good improvement, so... the real deal may be even better!

When the prices come in for the lower braces too I'd like to see them, the whole thing braced up to the teeth may be the most awesome thing you could do to the lateral handling. That and some konis!

Prices would be good....

PaulZX
Monday 23rd March 2009, 01:07
A visit to a local metal workers might work out, they've gotta be desperate for cash these days, and I know of one guy that used to make anything you wanted, and did a strut brace on my mates megane for about £40. If you've got the time, a drive around a few industrial estates could work out good.

And how cool does it sound when you say you had a custom strut brace manufactured? lol

dave stew
Monday 23rd March 2009, 14:32
I'd like to register interest too. Do you need to be a member of T5D5?

RobbieH
Monday 23rd March 2009, 20:29
If anyone is interested can I suggest that you register with T5D5. I don't think it is right for me to post on others behalf and if you did it yourself it means the correct bits get flagged.

Cheers,
Robbie

RobbieH
Thursday 26th March 2009, 16:28
Reminder : Two days left until the "order book" closes.

dave stew
Monday 15th June 2009, 19:34
Has anyone clocked this new addition on PFV?
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=6149

cornclose
Monday 15th June 2009, 20:19
No, but I can say that the one from Ultra Racing (the group buy...) is pretty damn effective... Well worth the £60.

dave stew
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 12:47
I have ordered new dampers today from John at ECP - once they're on, it'll be time for a strut brace.

So, Chris - has it made a tangible difference to your hearse?

cornclose
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 23:12
Yes, quite noticably better. Corners are tighter, somewhat less body roll, and any sign of understeer (unless you're really going for it) is gone.

Can't wait till the end of the month - new poly bushed wishbones, new top mounts and drop links, new springs and shocks all round, new rear top mounts, and that thicker, stiffer rear ARB from Volvo, on top of the strut brace, should be quite nice I think...

I'll be putting a pair of new front tyres on shortly too - should be able to really put down all those horses from the RICA!

RobbieH
Saturday 4th July 2009, 18:57
Strut brace fitted along with modified engine stay bar. Tightens up the front end nicely.

(been busy with the box brownie today :lol:)

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy61/RobHV70/IMG_0113.jpg

dave stew
Saturday 4th July 2009, 19:58
That D5 lump fills the bay! Looks a good installation.