PDA

View Full Version : I'm at my wits end with this...

Axl
Wednesday 18th March 2009, 18:16
With the warning light in the dash saying the windscreen scoosh is low when it isnt! (as I topped it up anyway, and it came out the overflow!). The only connector I can see/find is the one under the coolant bottle, which was fine. is there another one hiding somewhere I cant see?. This only happened when I replaced the bonnet cable and routed it along the inside of the wing and under the coolant bottle (where the old was).

I've touched nothing else, wtf's wrong, its driving my nuts..

Alan M
Wednesday 18th March 2009, 19:53
What picture is being displayed, can you take a photo and post it for someone to help?

Axl
Wednesday 18th March 2009, 20:04
The windscreen scoosh warning light on the left side of the dash, didnt think I'd need a pic of it..

Alan M
Wednesday 18th March 2009, 20:28
Thats a coolant light if its the one I think you are refering to. You may have a faulty sensor or connection.

Axl
Wednesday 18th March 2009, 21:00
Nope, coolants on the right (page 1:4 in the 97' 850 owners book), number 19 in the pic of the clocks, mines (scoosh warning) on the top far left (number 4)

dublint5
Thursday 19th March 2009, 08:47
is it the screenwash low light
if it is mine is the same open cap on bottle seems full but light stays on to stay level is low

found the other day if you open cap get a long screwdriver or similar gently push it in to screen wash bottle you will feel it touch something gently keep tapping this and you will see the air bubbles come up and the water go down in to bottle did this a good few times till bottle was full started car light went straight out

dont know if this is the same as your if it is hope it helps

dublin

Axl
Thursday 19th March 2009, 09:24
Thanks Dublin, yes, I'll try it, its doing my head in as I know its full.

cookie
Thursday 19th March 2009, 23:11
is it the screenwash low light
if it is mine is the same open cap on bottle seems full but light stays on to stay level is low

found the other day if you open cap get a long screwdriver or similar gently push it in to screen wash bottle you will feel it touch something gently keep tapping this and you will see the air bubbles come up and the water go down in to bottle did this a good few times till bottle was full started car light went straight out

dont know if this is the same as your if it is hope it helps

dublin

I think you will find there is a plastic filter, if it had blocked then you would only be filling the filler neck, rather than the bottle, you probably just smashed a hole through it :D

Don't know where the reed switch sensor is (probably same as the one for the coolant bootle) but could it have been knocked, or the plug pulled off (Ain't gotta clue where it is, or how to get to it)

gareth
Friday 20th March 2009, 08:02
Axl,
pm me with your e mail. I have a diagram that will help.

5seaterT5x2
Friday 20th March 2009, 09:00
With the warning light in the dash saying the windscreen scoosh is low when it isnt! (as I topped it up anyway, and it came out the overflow!). The only connector I can see/find is the one under the coolant bottle, which was fine. is there another one hiding somewhere I cant see?. This only happened when I replaced the bonnet cable and routed it along the inside of the wing and under the coolant bottle (where the old was).

I've touched nothing else, wtf's wrong, its driving my nuts..

yea thinking about it had a bit of a problem a while back think there is some sort of filter in the neck that got blocked up so you are actually likely only filling the neck, i used a bit of wire had a little poke around and the level in the neck dropped no trouble since, hope this helps

AlanG
Monday 23rd March 2009, 15:33
hello Axl,if you haven't already cured this,cookie is spot on. There is a thimble style gauze filter that sits just inside the filler neck. Can be easily removed with your finger. They tend to clog with algae or something similar. Chuck it in a basin of hot water with a bit of bleach. Had the same prob with my old 2.5SE 20V

pjay
Monday 23rd March 2009, 18:25
all you have to do is to get a grip on the filler neck and pull and twist at the same time and it will part about halfway down the neck just put your finger in and gently lift out the filter, run it thru some hot water and then replace and refill and you will see it back to normal, i had the same problem until i was shown how to do it, easy peasy (when you are shown) :thewave:

Pete-M
Tuesday 24th March 2009, 01:27
I had this with mine when I picked it up. There's a little hydroscopic? sensor on the end of a bit of wire that goes through a grommet into the top of the water bottle. On mine it was lying on top of the washer bottle, poked it into a cup of water to check it was ok, it was so I dropped it into the bottle and the light went out.

I think I'm going to enjoy this T5.