PDA

View Full Version : C70 Door Trim Rubbers? Easy to do

Liddo
Wednesday 18th March 2009, 14:04
Hi All,

My doors are a little windy, so Im thinking of getting the rubber seal off a newer model (breakers), and seeing if it makes a difference.

Has anyone done one before??? Are they easy to do???

Cheers

Paul

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 19th March 2009, 10:48
door may have dropped - have you tried getting a better seal by moving the catch up and in on the b pillar?

Liddo
Thursday 19th March 2009, 11:13
door may have dropped - have you tried getting a better seal by moving the catch up and in on the b pillar?

Yes mate, but then the door looks out of alignment, and is a pain to shut :mad:
Was going to try one off a 2000 scrapper, to see if it made a difference. Wonder how much it would be to get the door realigned too????

The door looks flush all around the top, thats why Im thinking its the seal.

Does your car have ANY wind noise on the motorway???

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 19th March 2009, 11:22
I know volvo will rehang your doors for you but cant imagine it would be cheap.

My black one whistled like a good'en - but I've had 140 or on a track and no whistling on the silver one.

You could also try silicon based trim cleaner on the moulding to get a better seal? Even though the doors may look flush a good seal is difficult on rimless doors. You can also try adjusting the pitch of the glass - which involves removing the door card and using the adjusters in the bottom 2 corners. Replacing the seals is difficult as I believe they are glued into place? (but don't quote me)

Liddo
Thursday 19th March 2009, 12:02
I know volvo will rehang your doors for you but cant imagine it would be cheap.

My black one whistled like a good'en - but I've had 140 or on a track and no whistling on the silver one.

You could also try silicon based trim cleaner on the moulding to get a better seal? Even though the doors may look flush a good seal is difficult on rimless doors. You can also try adjusting the pitch of the glass - which involves removing the door card and using the adjusters in the bottom 2 corners. Replacing the seals is difficult as I believe they are glued into place? (but don't quote me)

Ohhhhhhh, I didnt know you could adjust the pitch of the glass! That will probably do the trick mate.
Are there any piccys anywhere of the adjust locations??? I can get the cards off easy enough, so I may have a look tonight

Cheers Dave

;)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 19th March 2009, 12:09
sorry no pictures but like I said - the glass-rail adjuster bolts are in the bottom 2 corners. We can have a new acronym now namely GRAB