PDA

View Full Version : S60 cd player

mikest5
Sunday 15th March 2009, 13:10
I have the HU 803 in my S60, but the cd player is not working at all now, and there are 3 disks in it...The car is a 2001 model and the stereo is the original..
What other unit can i replace it with as a straight swap, but possibly with ipod or usb input? I also have the factory phone which is attatched to the same unit as the stereo, so would i have to lose that if i change the unit??
Any help greatly appreciated..
Also the car has the built in tv/ nav unit in the dash which pops up, but as its cd based and not much use, and the tv signal here in Jersey is attrocious, would it be possible to use the multi changer in the boot for anything else? or even just to play cds??
Mike

mikest5
Wednesday 18th March 2009, 18:03
Has anybody got any ideas? Would the HU 850 be a direct swap as there are some for sale on fleabay... or should I just get the IMIV ipod adaptor kit...not sure if my car is mulbus prepped from the info on their website...just need to try sort something out as going on hols next month and dont want to driving and stuck listening to the radio all the time, especially in france!!

Baj
Wednesday 18th March 2009, 18:38
Any third party stereo will fit with the aid of an adaptor fascia. You will need a harness adaptor to for the wires. You will have the advantage of being able to listen to mp3 cds or ipod depending on what you buy.
You will lose the steeringwheel buttons though.

An 850 will obviously go straight in. I would assume it will be compatible. Volvo say you cant put an HU from another car in. People here have done and say it is OK but the lights dont work without a software tweak from your friendly local dealer.

The changer would make a nice case for a car PC but you wont get one of those running in the next month unless you throw serious money at it.
Without the satnav I guess the screen is pretty useless. You could swap it out for a centre speaker (which will work with an 850 but wont with a thirdparty unless you manage to find a dolby5.1 HU).

Can I have first dibs on the screen mechanism and surround if you do? ;)