PDA

View Full Version : T5 estate cruise control

mud-on-road
Sunday 15th March 2009, 04:15
Does anyone know what is required to fit cruise control to my non cruise 1997 T5 estate other than the stalk and the stepper motor under the bonnet?

Axl
Sunday 15th March 2009, 13:28
You'd also need to put switch's (or whatever there called) under the pedals, and maybe a fuse/s/relay here n there. Theres probably something else I've forgot.

woz
Sunday 15th March 2009, 21:29
talk to readview.
Last i heard a full kit is around £50

Jon K
Monday 16th March 2009, 09:28
I have done this.

there is not a stepper motor. it is a vacuum pump under the battery tray.

You need a brake switch/vacuum release part for the brake pedal and the throttle actuator (my car is auto).

Then there is a vacuum pipe going into the car from the battery tray. Also the new indicator stalk and the controller which sits inside the fuse box/relay panel.

I got the parts from readview good price and service, however make sure they have a controller. I did not get one and I had to get one from ebay in the end. But that was no big deal.

The job was quite easy, Let me know if you need any help. I took pictures which I am sure I can dig out.

Hope that helps

mud-on-road
Monday 16th March 2009, 12:10
I have done this.

there is not a stepper motor. it is a vacuum pump under the battery tray.

You need a brake switch/vacuum release part for the brake pedal and the throttle actuator (my car is auto).

Then there is a vacuum pipe going into the car from the battery tray. Also the new indicator stalk and the controller which sits inside the fuse box/relay panel.

I got the parts from readview good price and service, however make sure they have a controller. I did not get one and I had to get one from ebay in the end. But that was no big deal.

The job was quite easy, Let me know if you need any help. I took pictures which I am sure I can dig out.

Hope that helps
Thanks you lot. Is readview a member or a company?

Jon K
Monday 16th March 2009, 13:30
Both I think.

I think they have some contact links in the traders section.