PDA

View Full Version : pcv system

james
Saturday 14th March 2009, 16:38
hello all am slowly getting to grips with my t5 estate and was wondering if anybody can help me locate the pcv system an how to clean or what to replace? does exhaust have to be removed? many thanks james

irf
Saturday 14th March 2009, 16:43
in a nutshell you have to take the inlet manifold off. there's a plastic bottle there with pipes. remove and replace. the pipework going into the engine block is where you'll find a lot of gunk. clean this out thoroughly.

click for the best guide i've seen so far (http://www.lakesidedp.com/uploadpics/pcv/)

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 14th March 2009, 17:11
hello all am slowly getting to grips with my t5 estate and was wondering if anybody can help me locate the pcv system an how to clean or what to replace? does exhaust have to be removed? many thanks james

best to replace i think not clean. as above it's mostly under the inlet manifold not a terrible job

Pliskin
Sunday 15th March 2009, 00:57
Don't try and clean it, contact one of our fellow members, otherwise known as "Rufe" and get new bits.

They aren't expensive and you will be safe and secure in the knowledge that your rear main oil seal will hopefully live to seal another day!!!

Saaamon
Sunday 15th March 2009, 22:23
Its a simple job just takes a little time. I got all the bits off Rufe for under £80 delievered, bargin!